Well I received my new charging dock today and of coarse I have to go plug it in and try it out.... Here is where the problem started. I plugged in my OEM charger cable to the dock and it felt funny so I pulled it back out and the micro usb plug came off with my cable. I don't think that is supposed to happen. Anyway they are closed today so hopefully I can get a replacement soon. The unit looks really nice though. I'm sure I could plug my 8320's charger into this and it will work on the other port but I hope this isn't a sign of build quality. Anyways I took a picture to show what I am talking about.
    04-04-09 09:42 AM
    This is why stuff made in China is not to be trusted. Garbage.
    04-04-09 10:45 AM
    This is why stuff made in China is not to be trusted. Garbage.
    mhm i agree. It seems cheaply made and like they just put it all together in a whole 2 minutes. I would call Seido right away (when their open) and either try another one or get a refund.
    04-04-09 10:48 AM
    Ouch, that's no good. Sorry to hear it. Seidio does have a member on Crackberry so you can try to send them a PM that way. I am not sure if they are around on the weekend or not but you can try:

seidioseidio
    04-04-09 12:26 PM
    First I do want to say that I'm in no way trying to bad mouth the company and have been very satisfied with my past purchases. I was just surprised how the adapter came off with little effort and hope it was a one time deal. I will call them Monday to see whats up.
    04-04-09 03:36 PM
    I just pulled my plug out and its still intact. Maybe you just got a loose defected one.
    04-04-09 03:45 PM
    Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. Everyone else seems to be happy with theirs.
    04-04-09 03:53 PM
    Seiidio is very good about replacing stuff. Get an rma, send it back, you should be ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 04:02 PM
    WOW I am having trouble getting a hold of them this morning. Every time I chose technical support it tells me that extension is not available at this time. I PMed Seidioseido so hopefully he will get back to me on what to do.
    04-06-09 09:59 AM
    WOW I am having trouble getting a hold of them this morning. Every time I chose technical support it tells me that extension is not available at this time. I PMed Seidioseido so hopefully he will get back to me on what to do.
    Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the cradle. I had our engineers tested about 20 cradles in the warehouse and none had the issue. The cradle you received is simply defective and not a common problem. Please let me know if you have any more questions!
    04-06-09 12:19 PM
    My wife went ahead and did the RMA online so as soon as we get the number I will send this one back for an exchange. I'm glad to hear this is a one time problem.

Thanks
    04-06-09 12:23 PM
    Just wanted to finish this off by saying Seidio sent me a new cradle and the new one works perfect. I must have just gotten a bad apple. Anyway the RMA process was easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD