I'm very intrigued by their product (I can't resist the idea of having a metallic pink phone, it's just not in my nature) however, the idea of sending in my phone and being without a device for a period of time worries me.

If you've dealt with them was it worth it? How did you survive the turn around time?
    05-18-08 08:01 PM
    That's what everyone says in these threads about colorware.
    05-18-08 08:06 PM
    They are very good, and CB has worked with them to give away BBs before, and everyones been very happy so far.

Maybe, buy a spare housing, and send them just that...

that way you won't be without a BB for a while, and still can keep your warranty if something should go wrong, you can just change back to the factory housing,

I don't know if they actually do that, but it might be worth an email to them and see!
    05-18-08 08:07 PM
    That is a really good idea! That is worth checking out!
    05-18-08 08:08 PM
    They are very good, and CB has worked with them to give away BBs before, and everyones been very happy so far.

Maybe, buy a spare housing, and send them just that...

that way you won't be without a BB for a while, and still can keep your warranty if something should go wrong, you can just change back to the factory housing,

I don't know if they actually do that, but it might be worth an email to them and see!
    After a bit of research it seems they will only take the working unit. That's too bad, I bet they're losing out on business not allowing people to send in just the plastic plates.

Once OEM replacement parts are more readily available for my model (8330) I'll be painting it on my own methinks.
    05-18-08 08:20 PM
    If you do a search there are some threads out there from people that painted their BB's. Good Luck!
    05-18-08 08:23 PM
    If you do a search there are some threads out there from people that painted their BB's. Good Luck!
    Yeah, I've been checking those out! Seems fairly easy, definitely something I could do. But even then I'm not willing to do it until I have replacement parts (y'know, just in case...) at the ready. And they don't have them yet for my model.
    05-18-08 08:27 PM
    Well be sure to post pics when you paint it! Would love to see it...
    05-18-08 08:33 PM
    Wow! Just imagine the $ and business ColorWare would make if ppl could just mail a housing & have that painted.

I read an above post that said they wanted the working unit. My question here is- does that mean another phone on your account cannot be activated while they have your phone in their possession?

I've often thought about sending stuff to them. My next question- Does ColorWare stamp "ColorWare" on the back of all products they paint?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 08:43 PM
    Well be sure to post pics when you paint it! Would love to see it...
    Will do!
    05-18-08 08:52 PM
    Wow! Just imagine the $ and business ColorWare would make if ppl could just mail a housing & have that painted.

I read an above post that said they wanted the working unit. My question here is- does that mean another phone on your account cannot be activated while they have your phone in their possession?

I've often thought about sending stuff to them. My next question- Does ColorWare stamp "ColorWare" on the back of all products they paint?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I know! They're seriously missing out. I believe I read that it has to do with their painting process.

I don't think that's the case. It just needs to work, ie: turn on, pretend to make a call, use apps... I think you're able to have a spare phone activated on the same account while the BB is gone.

I don't know the answer to your last question, but if they do then I'm certainly not sending my unit to them.
    05-18-08 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD