Hey all,

I have a probably silly crazy question, but I would like to know if anybody has tried using a gel skin OVER a hard case (ex. Seidio Rubberized or Plastic case)??

I know this sounds absolutely crazy lol...its just an idea i have had, and wanted to see if anybody had the same thoughts. thanks!!

E
    04-14-08 05:46 PM
    You know, I've been wondering the exact same thing. I'm currently in possession of a gel skin, but would like the durability that a hard shell would provide.

I'm ready to just go ahead and buy a shell and try to skin over it....

Maybe if I can con a friend to buy a hard shell first, I'd feel better about the experiment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-08 05:49 PM
    I bought a Seidio hybrid case recently up to then I had been using a Gel Skin. As soon as I purchased the hard case I put the Gel Skin over it (just to see if you could do it) and it was a lil snug, looked really funny. Maybe if you bought a gel skin for a bigger blackberry put your hard case on and the bigger GeL Skin over it, it might work and actually look decent
    04-14-08 06:33 PM
    it would pull it too much, and you can just get a rubberized hard case, so it kinda feels like a gel skin.
    04-14-08 08:32 PM
    Well I had the Seidio Hybrid case, but was not as impressed with it at everbody else seems to be. However, I am thinkin of trying it again, but the full rubber case. One gripe I had with the Hybrid was the plastic, just wasn't my thing. 2nd gripe, the "rubberized" back was not the rubber I'm used to (a la Dash or gel skin). 3rd, felt like it got in the way of using outermost keys (but I could get used to that).

The reason I asked abt using a skin on top of the hard case is that I don't wanna lost the ability to use different colors, cus once u have the hard case on, that's it, its black, no more personal touch lol.

Anyway thanks for the replies, I think I may test out G-Hop's suggestion...I shall let yall know how it works!

E

04-15-08 12:15 AM
    I use a Speck clear hard case over a BSE skin. I like the look, you can see the gold Curve and I have dropped it several times with no damage. And the Speck case adds very little additional bulk to the Curve.
    04-15-08 01:09 AM
    Essentially that's what the Otter Box case is. A hard plastic cover with a gel skin over it.
    04-15-08 07:23 AM
    Hey magician

Thanks for ur reply. I actually was speaking of a gel skin, not a skin like BSE. Sorry I was unclear, but thanks! Good to kno that you like BSE thoN I've been thinkin of pickin one up as well!

E

04-15-08 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD