Hitting Tahoe in a week for some snowboarding, and am thinking of a waterproof case for my 9700 (I killed an iphone 2G (death by water) last year when riding Mt Baker in WA - wet heavy pow.... long story...). I'll mostly likely bring an old phone and just swap SIMs - the safest really - but if there is a known good waterproof case, I might consider that too....
    01-24-10 03:26 PM
    01-24-10 03:27 PM
    How about an Otterbox? I don't have a link, but I had one for my Omnia. It was definitely drop-proof and watertight, but it still let you use the screen/keypad

I'm not sure how it will cope with the cold though (and the hot/cold/hot transition).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 06:50 PM
    here is the link to the Otterbox

BlackBerry Bold 9700 Defender Case // OtterBox.com

I have had numerous Defender cases and I would not want anything else protecting my beloved berry.

The Defender case is not waterproof but is water resistant. With temperatures I have not experienced any issues. Summer we get to 30-40 C and winter we had -23 C last month

IMO Otterbox is by far the best and there customer service is exceptional.

ps no I do not work for them
    Last edited by Netman2008; 01-24-10 at 07:08 PM.
    01-24-10 07:05 PM
    My Otterbox Defender will arrive Tuesday I think. Will do a review and install post with lots of pics, but I agree with other posters, it is not water PROOF, but I suspect this thing is HIGHLY resistant to moisture.

They also sell a box, similar to a minature ammo box that has rubber seals, etc. Personally I think it would be good for throwing in the back of my truck, or camping etc, but may look a bit silly hanging off your belt.

Last edited by PeterD; 01-24-10 at 07:21 PM.
    01-24-10 07:19 PM
    Either that or stop falling just kiddingg
    01-24-10 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD