I've got the Seidio desktop charger for the 8350i and it works just great. Charges through the contacts on the back of the phone even with the Sedio protective case. Just love that solution.

My boss wants something along the same line that can charge his 8350i in his truck. He does not have any protective case. I have not seen any car cradles (other than holders and some strange holder/usb plug charger) which seems more of a PITA than anything.

Has anyone seen anything that will cradle and charge a 8350i in a car?

Thanks,

Roveer
    05-20-09 08:50 AM
    i dont know if this is what your talking about, but a few years ago i bought a ZUNE (an Ipod but better), and i bought a car charger for it. it came with a ciggerate adapter that you can plug any usb cord into. so now i have a car charger for my BB as well....

im assuming that if you buy a desktop cradle, that you will be able to use this also.
    05-20-09 08:54 AM
    I'm looking for a more elegent solution. I know I can get a usb charger that plugs into the cig adapter but what us Old nextel guys were used to was a docking cradle. Heck my old i95 had a cradle that when you dropped the phone in gave you charge, antenna (window mount), speaker, PTT mike and radio mute. Wow!!!.

Now I'm looking for something I can drop my 8350i into that will just charge without also having to connect USB on the side. We've come a long way (down) from the functionalities of old days but I've learned to live with it.
    05-20-09 10:53 AM
    something like this.....

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-desktop-charging-cradle/6A39A5178.htm

plug the adapter in the lighter, plug the usb into the cradle
    05-20-09 11:01 AM
    I too wish for the all purpose cradle, Roveer... all thru my i60/i90/i560 days I had cradles like that ... I miss it and would purchase ones specific to our 8350i and not look back ..

Casper, I have three of those cradles and they serve their purpose well.

05-21-09 08:05 AM
    something like this.....

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-desktop-charging-cradle/6A39A5178.htm

plug the adapter in the lighter, plug the usb into the cradle
    That's what I use at home. It would not work good in the car because the phone just sits there unsupported. Any bouncing would probably send the phone flying. The same exact idea except a cradle that held the phone more securely would be the best solution.
    05-21-09 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD