I'm looking to buy some kind of skin protection for my Bold, something which includes keyboard protection. I also need a holster/case that it can slip into easily with the skin on, and which includes the sleep magnet.

Any combo suggestions? I'm attracted to the Case Mate smart case but I'd want to make sure that there's a sleep holster which takes it with the skin on.
    08-26-09 09:50 PM
    I'm looking to buy some kind of skin protection for my Bold, something which includes keyboard protection. I also need a holster/case that it can slip into easily with the skin on, and which includes the sleep magnet.

Any combo suggestions? I'm attracted to the Case Mate smart case but I'd want to make sure that there's a sleep holster which takes it with the skin on.
    I dont think there are any holsters that work with skins. You could try your best to fit the skin into a holster. I know of people that make it work, but, none are meant to work with a skin. You would need to get a hard case like the seidio innocase or 360 for that. The Case mate smart case is great skin especially if you want proteciton for the keyboard. Just keep in mind that skins do stretch over time. Also I found the smart skin to come in the way of the trackball but you do get used to it over time. Personally I stick with the OEM pocket pouch and OEM holster that came with the phone.
    08-27-09 12:17 AM
    black hoslters are the best
    08-27-09 12:19 AM
    I have to agree I don't think there's a holster that can hold the bold protected by a skin. Its one or the other.
    08-27-09 12:27 AM
    I have to force myself to use a silicone case. I know I have to use it to protect the bold from scratches but I love looking and holding my bold naked with just a screen protecter. For my a silicone case is enough. It probably won't protect it much from impact but its increases it chances of not being scratch up.
    08-27-09 12:29 AM
    I had a casemate smartskin and I loved it at first, but after time, the skin stretched out and many areas of high abrasion (corners, edge of trackball, etc) had the black wear away to the white material underneath

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 01:07 AM
    CaseMate becomes loose fitting after awhile. Innocase 360 and holster are perfect. Fit very nicely and are attractive.
    08-27-09 01:38 AM
    i use a vaja holster and a martin fields screen protector. love this combo
    08-27-09 10:32 PM
    Otterbox makes a case and holster combo that features the sleep magnet. They are a good price. I had one for my Curve and it worked very well.
    08-27-09 11:23 PM
    I'm curious.. Why would you want or need both at the same time? As if it's not big enough already.. lololo

08-28-09 02:14 AM
    No skins. Top case leather holster and Case-Mate Fuel Holster. The CM holster charges the phone while in the holster. Skins make it hard to use holsters.

08-28-09 06:10 AM
    Well I myself will be buying an otterbox defender case and the clip from the cb store next week. I'm told the clip (that is designed to work with the case) has the sleep magnet but this is probably overkill for what you need protection from. Lol

08-28-09 06:19 AM
    Go to seidio.com.

08-28-09 11:03 AM
    i bought some cheap silicone skins off ebay. they fit perfectly, just as good as oem. but i will say the bold becomes HUGE with any case on it, IMO. i decided to rock it out naked (with lcd screen protector of course). i'll keep the skins for potentially dangerous activities though.
    08-31-09 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD