I have a bunch of different cases for my 8330......most of them serve a purpose depending on the situation. I do care about protecting my bb so I absolutely never let it go naked.

I've been eyeballing the Otterbox forever now and I'm positive that in certain situations it would prove to be a lifesaver for my berry but I've always worried that I'd be trading TOO much in the looks department when I could just be.........uh, careful? However, I have been known to drop things and there ARE definitely times when you have more important tasks at hand to worry about BUT .....ha ha........can't leave your BB at home ever, can you?

I'm curious if any lady BB owners use this thing and what their take on it is. I know there are a lot of guys that don't want to "ugly" up their BB but it's also a given that just as many men don't mind it looking more "rugged"

Ladies?
    06-13-09 10:19 AM
    Guy, here. I just returned from a hike and was not really worried about my BB 8830. It has also gone biking and cross-country skiing. I have bobbled it more than once and it has hit the deck just about 2 or 3 times.

The real nuisance is it really is encased so getting to the battery or the SD card or sim card can take some effort. And it definitely adds size - when I remove my BB for whatever reason, I'm amazed at how small and thin it really is.

I did remove the beltclip clip part so I carry my Otterbox in the holster sleeve but no spring clip (it can be popped out with some effort)

Just some things to think about....
    06-13-09 04:52 PM
    makes it look like a graphing calculator but theyre tough as Darry from the outsiders. theres vids on YT of a ups truck running over one and not hurting it.
    Last edited by 12elentless; 06-13-09 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Took out the bad word i said. oops.
    06-13-09 04:55 PM
    I'm a female and I have an Otterbox. Its definately not "womanly" but nothing can beat it for protection! Otterbox makes a pink case for the iPhone, I really wish they'd make one for BlackBerries! The case has a black plastic 'skeleton' and then rubber that fits over that. I painted the plastic part so it looks girlier, so that's always an option.
    06-14-09 08:17 AM
    How easy was it to paint, what kind of paint and.........have any pics?
    06-14-09 08:21 AM
    It was pretty easy to paint. I just sanded it lightly, set it on some newspaper, and sprayed away! I used spray paint that came from Wal-Mart, specifically for plastic. I don't think I have any pics but I will try to get some.

I think there was another lady on here inquring about if she could paint the rubber part. I'm not sure if she ever did or not, but I'd be interested to see if that held up.
    06-14-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD