I recently sold my torch and went to a HTC Inspire now I am wanting to go back to the Torch. I just love the features on a Blackberry. I have just one questions is there a case you can get that the top piece doesn't break when you slide the phone. I tried everything from Otterbox to cheap ones from ebay? I have to have a case on my phone to keep it protective so any help would be appriciated?
    03-04-11 02:33 PM
    Did you try the AGF GRT case? The front part of the case that covers the bezel around the screen connects to the back part of the case. It seems to take off pressure from the sliding mechinism of the phone while in the case, and the front piece isn't just a pop on/off thing so it won't fly off so easily if it falls.
    03-04-11 02:39 PM
    I have an AGF Endo case. Its the almost the same as the GRT, just has some textured "nubs" and it comes with a holster. I love mine.
    03-04-11 02:49 PM
    Cool thanks! I did not try them I was afraid to because I saw how hard they are to take off once on my friend had one and I watched him try to take it off but if there is a secret I am willing to try. This HTC sucks the only good thing about it is the browser and how amazing Angry Birds is on the big screen. Lol time to put it on ebay. Lol
    03-04-11 02:58 PM
    Good call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 03:40 PM
    Cool thanks! I did not try them I was afraid to because I saw how hard they are to take off once on my friend had one and I watched him try to take it off but if there is a secret I am willing to try. This HTC sucks the only good thing about it is the browser and how amazing Angry Birds is on the big screen. Lol time to put it on ebay. Lol
    Yes. I know the fear of taking the case off at first! I had to get used to it because I thought I was taking the slider part of the phone off with the case! But you realize that it's just because the case attaches to itself so it's a bit unusual. So it was hard to take off at first, but I got used to it. You find your own technique and it's easier after that.

I love the case though. It's tough and protects well so it's well worth it!
    Last edited by ShoshiOne; 03-04-11 at 05:46 PM.
    03-04-11 05:43 PM
    I can't say enough good things about the AGF GRT. I've been using it for 3 months now and I have zero bad things to say about it. Its solid, it stays on, it attaches to itself, not the Torch slider. All in all just a solid piece. I highly recommend it.

03-04-11 08:52 PM
    Thanks for all of your advice! The HTC went on Ebay tonight after AT&T refused to take the HTC back since I had already had one exchange in the last 30m days. Then I told them I wanted my unlimited data that I am grandfathered into switched back to my 9700 they deleted it so I spent another 30 minutes on the phone with them trying to straighten it out. UGH!
    I want a girly cover and I saw the pink Otterbox has anyone had problems with it?
    03-04-11 10:27 PM
    AGF GRT is the way to go and good your coming back to the bb

03-04-11 10:42 PM
    Do they make them in colors like pink or purple all I have seen is the two pack blue and silver?
    03-04-11 10:49 PM
    Otterbox has had some reported issues with some people dropping their phones and the top bezel piece popping off, and also it scratching the chrome when the phone is sliding up and down (for the white one). For me personally I always go with OtterBox since their customer service is the best I've ever received, and also saved my and my father's phones from a 150ft fall and a 1300lb cow stepping on it

I've also heard good things about the AGF-GRT case as well, but it's protection is not near the OtterBox (aside from the top piece pop-off problems I mentioned before), the construction of it and silicone underneath hard plastic protects the phone from pretty much everything. Otterbox does come in pink and black colors too. Otterbox retails for $39.95 and AGF-GRT for $35.95 I believe.
    03-05-11 01:10 AM
    I don't even use a case. I use the leather pouch (they have them in black/pink and white/pink) when my phone is in my purse, or if I'm carrying it around to and from my car in case I drop it on the pavement. Aside from that, this thing is naked and it looks amazing. No scratches on the screen and only minor scratches on the bezel (which is to be expected). I've had my phone since November and it's always been naked. Definitely worth a try.
    03-05-11 07:14 AM
    Otterbox has had some reported issues with some people dropping their phones and the top bezel piece popping off, and also it scratching the chrome when the phone is sliding up and down (for the white one). For me personally I always go with OtterBox since their customer service is the best I've ever received, and also saved my and my father's phones from a 150ft fall and a 1300lb cow stepping on it

I've also heard good things about the AGF-GRT case as well, but it's protection is not near the OtterBox (aside from the top piece pop-off problems I mentioned before), the construction of it and silicone underneath hard plastic protects the phone from pretty much everything. Otterbox does come in pink and black colors too. Otterbox retails for $39.95 and AGF-GRT for $35.95 I believe.
    just noticed that my replacement otterbox is also broken now too. can't wait for my other cases to arrive so i can throw it out!

I don't even use a case. I use the leather pouch (they have them in black/pink and white/pink) when my phone is in my purse, or if I'm carrying it around to and from my car in case I drop it on the pavement. Aside from that, this thing is naked and it looks amazing. No scratches on the screen and only minor scratches on the bezel (which is to be expected). I've had my phone since November and it's always been naked. Definitely worth a try.
    great idea if i used a purse
    03-05-11 02:24 PM
    Thanks everyone. I think it will be the new pink Agf endo case.
    03-05-11 03:01 PM
    just noticed that my replacement otterbox is also broken now too. can't wait for my other cases to arrive so i can throw it out!
    Did you do something to **** OtterBox off? hahah
    03-05-11 03:04 PM
    Did you do something to **** OtterBox off? hahah
    seems like it LOL

IMO this case would be ok if i paid $10 for it and got it off ebay. but when it caries the OtterBox brand, it really needs be much, much tougher
    03-05-11 05:43 PM
    I got my Torch today and I am going to order the AGF Endo Case in pink.
    03-12-11 12:06 AM
    seems like it LOL

IMO this case would be ok if i paid $10 for it and got it off ebay. but when it caries the OtterBox brand, it really needs be much, much tougher
    Hah yeah I hear ya...this is the first issue I've ever heard of with an OtterBox case for any phone. I think I'm the only Torch case exception regarding scratches, pieces popping off/cracking, etc.

Then again I don't want to jinx it now
    03-12-11 03:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD