I want an anti-glare screen protector for my BB 8900. And by "anti-glare", I mean a satin finish that'll make the display like an old laptop screen instead of like a glossy piece of glass.

I've tried purchasing a few that claim to be anti-glare, but they're not; they make my phone's screen look like it's coated in wet Vaseline. I'd try some more brands, but the prices are insane - $13 plus shipping for a single thin little piece of clear plastic? Upwards of $30 total for a pack of three?!

Why are real, working, anti-glare screen protectors so hard to find? Can anyone recommend a place where I can get a good one for a reasonable price?
    03-17-10 04:28 PM
    well the prices are a bit high for a screen protector, try this one alot of people in the forum like this one it's on sale from $14.99 to $10.99...

Blackberry Bold 9700 Screen Protector from Clarivue
    03-17-10 05:15 PM
    $11 is still waaay too expensive for a little piece of plastic (and I want to have at least three, in case I have trouble getting them on without bubbles). And look at how shiny that one is in the video! Not anti-glare at all...
    03-18-10 01:51 PM
    i want an anti-glare screen protector for my bb 8900. And by "anti-glare", i mean a satin finish that'll make the display like an old laptop screen instead of like a glossy piece of glass.

I've tried purchasing a few that claim to be anti-glare, but they're not; they make my phone's screen look like it's coated in wet vaseline. I'd try some more brands, but the prices are insane - $13 plus shipping for a single thin little piece of clear plastic? Upwards of $30 total for a pack of three?!

Why are real, working, anti-glare screen protectors so hard to find? Can anyone recommend a place where i can get a good one for a reasonable price?
    i use the lcd privacy screen protectors are those the ones you want?if so pm me and i'll look for the site i bought mine from i think i paid $4.99.
    03-18-10 03:07 PM
    well the site i gave u has two ultra clear and anti-glare... i personally from the 8330 til now 9700 i've never used a screen protector, i mean u spend money on the phone what's any other 10.99 - 14.99 i had a co-worker who purchased alot of screen protectors, but he finally said f that...
    03-18-10 06:26 PM
    I use invisible shield. Not TOTALLY anti-glare, but better then without. When the screen is off, the screen protector looks slightly textured... I'd call it "pebbled" I guess. I don't know if there is anything out there that have the same effect of the old laptop screens you're talking about though...
    03-18-10 06:45 PM
    I don't like the anti glare protectors because they degrade the way the screen looks overall... Also the gain from them in sunlight is fairly minimal anyways.
    03-18-10 07:44 PM
    Anti-glare will always do this. Thats what you get with it and will always lose screen quality. If you want clear, then get a crystal screen protector
    03-18-10 07:58 PM
    I don't like the anti glare protectors because they degrade the way the screen looks overall... Also the gain from them in sunlight is fairly minimal anyways.
    I agree with this. I just took the anti-glare protector off my Storm 2 because it really gave a horrible quality to the screen.
    03-19-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD