02-27-09 11:06 AM
28 12
tools
    Anyone have one?

Looking at this one. Only $17, comes with wall & usb charging cables.

Amzer Desktop Cradle w/o Extra Battery Charging Slot For Blackberry - BlackBerry Storm 9530 - Fommy.com

Ive got a BSE skin. Wondering if it would be an issue. Doesnt look like its as snug as the oem cradle.

As well, fommy.com. Good place to buy from?
    01-23-09 09:22 AM
    looks like a sweet deal actually...going to order one...they appear extremely legit. Cradle, USB cable...and a 2nd charger....great price.
    01-23-09 09:56 AM
    I think you should check out "talkietech"

it's the RIM original, better looking, and cheaper.
    01-23-09 09:57 AM
    I think you should check out "talkietech"

it's the RIM original, better looking, and cheaper.

Don't know how you see it as 'cheaper'....the one on Fommy is 1/2 the price, and comes with a charger and cable (not included with the RIM original)

01-23-09 10:00 AM
    looks like a sweet deal actually...going to order one...they appear extremely legit. Cradle, USB cable...and a 2nd charger....great price.
    I don't think the $17 one includes the extra battery charger. It's $60 if you want that version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 10:07 AM
    I don't think the $17 one includes the extra battery charger. It's $60 if you want that version.

Never said it came with the extra battery. Has the cradle, usb cable and wall charger. Seems like a great deal!
    01-23-09 10:38 AM
    Never said it came with the extra battery. Has the cradle, usb cable and wall charger. Seems like a great deal!
    The $17 does not come with a 2nd battery charger. I see now you were referring to the 2 power sources (wall and usb). The $60 one does and you can charge your Storm in the cradle and an extra battery at the same time. I know you were not saying it came with an extra battery.

Last edited by Sharkz; 01-23-09 at 11:02 AM.
    01-23-09 10:59 AM
    I get ya. Just a misunderstanding
    01-23-09 11:09 AM
    i ordered the one that charges the spare battery so when i get it i'll ley u guys know if it's worth the price .
    01-23-09 11:10 AM
    I ended up ordering one. Did a search and came across a few coupon codes. Saved 10%!
    01-23-09 12:10 PM
    01-23-09 12:23 PM
    may look nicer, but doesnt come with the extra cables. Maybe not a huge deal to some, but its the deal breaker for me
    01-23-09 12:33 PM
    jus got my amzer cradle today ( the one w| the spare battery charger ) i think it is great . my storm fits perfectly; it charges both ( a spare battery nd my storm ) at the same time w| the wall cable . it even charges my 2600mah seido extended battery ( not while my storm is charging though )
    01-27-09 04:01 PM
    I think the Amzer looks much better.
    01-27-09 04:32 PM
    I have both and I don't like the oem one too much. I have phantom skinz on my phone and it fits WAY to tight. I have to fight it to get it off. The amzer one slides right in!
    01-27-09 10:28 PM
    jus got my amzer cradle today ( the one w| the spare battery charger ) i think it is great . my storm fits perfectly; it charges both ( a spare battery nd my storm ) at the same time w| the wall cable . it even charges my 2600mah seido extended battery ( not while my storm is charging though )
    Did you pay $60 for it?

01-28-09 01:18 AM
    Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry Storm Cradle and Battery Charger

Personally, i like this one. It's made by the same company...just cheaper cuz of wholesale. Has the 2nd battery charger, data cable, and home charger. Plus i think it will look and hold the device better.
    01-28-09 01:31 AM
    yes i paid $60 for it .. personally i think it is worth it

01-28-09 01:47 AM
    Ok, so the cradle came. Not bad at all!

Charges the phone perfectly, however I get a USB does not recognize this device error. Havent found a work around yet for it.
    01-30-09 08:32 AM
    ok, talking with fommy.com, the fella informed me that to sync you need to use the oem cable. Which doesnt fit the cradle! So really the cradle does NOT sync. It only charges.

Anyways, I explained to him I bought it based on the fact the description lists it as a charging and sync cradle. So hes going to look into it further and get back to me.
    01-30-09 06:58 PM
    http://blackberrysource.com/store/catalog.asp?item=5378

Personally, i like this one. It's made by the same company...just cheaper cuz of wholesale. Has the 2nd battery charger, data cable, and home charger. Plus i think it will look and hold the device better.
    Have you actually purchased from these guys? I tried to actually start an order and when I click the link to create a new account it just sends me back to a blank shopping cart..... this seems a little shady to me.

I would consider using the customer service number, but I'd have to hear that someone on here has used this site and had no issue. Then I'll just chalk it up to an HTML issue.
    02-02-09 07:40 PM
    I actually did order it...i used the USPS $7 shipping and it got here in 3 days. It works great and it looks good too.
    02-02-09 07:46 PM
    I actually did order it...i used the USPS $7 shipping and it got here in 3 days. It works great and it looks good too.
    Did you have to call them to order? Or did you actually get the website to work?

And does it sync as well as charge?
    02-02-09 07:57 PM
    i ordered it through their website and it worked fine...got emails when i ordered it and right when they processed it the next morning. And yes it does sync as well as charge!
    02-02-09 08:01 PM
    Will all of these work with the rubber skin attached?
    02-02-09 08:03 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD