I got this case Amzer Argyle Case For whatever reason (and I've been testing it with one part on, neither one, both on, etc.) this case is causing the keyboard to stop working, as well as the trackpad. The only fix is to pull the battery.

Does anyone know what it might be sticking on, or how to fix it? It seems like it is the case for the body as opposed to the slider. The keyboard doesn't say it is locked, and pushing the lock button doesn't change anything, so that isn't the problem, I don't think.
    09-15-10 03:34 PM
    See this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ca...es-o-o-527513/

I posted the same type of issue I had with my 9650 with an Epik case which is very similar to the Amzer one. Both are made of the hard TPU material and fit very tight. In my case all buttons were covered by the case and only ports were cut out. If this is the same with the Amzer on the 9800 I wonder if the case is putting any pressure on the camera button and therefore causing the freeze up. Try your phone with the case off and lightly depress the camera butoon while using the phone to see if you can replicate the issue.
    09-15-10 04:06 PM
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I turned the convenience key off and will see if that works. Do you think I could X-Acto knife out the offending parts?
    09-15-10 04:19 PM
    Yes I am sure you can problem is if you are a perfectionist like me you will never get a good clean looking margin and it will drive you crazy just knowing it is there! I did that to my Epik case and the phone worked flawlessly but I never could get the cutout I made to look good. Perhaps you will have better luck and if your case has a pattern may not be as noticeable.
    09-15-10 04:53 PM
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I turned the convenience key off and will see if that works. Do you think I could X-Acto knife out the offending parts?
    Other than the camera button issue, how is the case? Does it fit well? I ordered one as well, but I don't expect to get my Torch until the 24th.
    09-15-10 09:52 PM
    Glad to hear someone has a fix for this! I got the same case today and loved it until I realized the phone wouldn't work. I'll try the fix tomorrow!
    09-15-10 10:28 PM
    Glad to hear someone has a fix for this! I got the same case today and loved it until I realized the phone wouldn't work. I'll try the fix tomorrow!
    Can someone post pics of the phone with the case on?
    09-15-10 10:31 PM
    It's not just the camera button. The top buttons are a problem as well. I called Fommy and they said no one had reported this before, and are sending me a new one. I expect it won't work either, at which point they will exchange it for another case.
    09-15-10 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD