Why do I want a bigger one? Cuz I'm crazy about my 9900 and thus my BB is rocking the BB hard case (bought on crackberry canada btw). Now my holster is no longer of any use to me unless I want to go out naked - my blackberry that is.

I know, I know; the 9000 leather holster will work. BUT, the new holster design is so slick looking.

PLEASE RIM! Please, make a slightly larger version of the 9900 leather holster so we can use it in tandem with your hard or soft case.

Anyone else using the hard or soft case chime in if you'd also want the option of using a 9900 style holster even though your BB is in the hard or soft case.

Thanks for listening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yauchunh likes this.
    09-08-11 07:37 PM
    Same boat as you. I have a soft shell on my 9900 and would love to put it in a new style holster. I've ordered a 9000 holster, but IMO it's kinda ugly with that big ol' flap. Not expecting a change, but it bothered me enough that I've left some feedback for them on the issue.
    09-08-11 07:42 PM
    I have the most fantastic protective all leather case for my 8330 from Sweden that works perfectly for the 9930 ! easy to get in and out and my key & all are attached to this case. I have a carabiner for it and clip it to my belt, purse, briefcase, whatever. I wish I knew the company as I would order another just like it. I got it in a Sprint store about 2 - 3 years ago ... I just love it !
    09-08-11 07:44 PM
    I use OtterBox Defender. This makes the phone much thicker, but I am OK with it. Plus the added protection is good for what I use it for.
    09-08-11 07:57 PM
    I'm using the Commuter/9000 holster combo. I'm thinking about ordering an 8700 holster to try. Hopefully the magnet will work. Hmm, I think I still have an 8300 holster around. The clips on them suck, though. I broke 3 of them.

09-08-11 09:25 PM
    A 9800 case fits perfect with my 9900. I run naked though. Not sure if it would fit a hard/soft shell though? Like it so much better than the supplied case.
    09-08-11 10:21 PM
    I'm using the Commuter/9000 holster combo. I'm thinking about ordering an 8700 holster to try. Hopefully the magnet will work. Hmm, I think I still have an 8300 holster around. The clips on them suck, though. I broke 3 of them.

So I take it the sleep function does not work with the current setup you have? I have a commuter case too and have a 9000 case on order and was wondering if the sleeper magnet works. Another user said the it's a really tight fit with that combo. I'm currently using my old 9650 holster and its somewhat tight and the magnet does not align properly for it to activate the sleep mode. I read that the 9000 case works well with the Blackberry hard case which I also have on order. Just wish i could use the commuter with a holster and get that sleep mode to work right.
    09-08-11 11:43 PM
    I use OtterBox Defender. This makes the phone much thicker, but I am OK with it. Plus the added protection is good for what I use it for.
    This.

Just got mine yesterday and love it. I understand that the Defender may not be everyone's cup of tea but for me it works great.
    09-08-11 11:46 PM

Don't waste your money. I have the Commuter in my 8700 holster. While it fits fine, the sleeper function does not work. The problem is that all the phones up until now have had the sleeper magnet at the space bar. The holsters also have the magnet at the corresponding location. The 9900, however, has the sleeper magnet at the trackpad. Since the magnets don't line up, no sleep. The 9000 holster that Kevin reviewed has a much larger flap with the pocket being much lower. It is the flap enclosure magnet that is activating the sleeper function on the 9000.
    09-09-11 12:01 AM
    So I received my Bold 9000 holster today that I ordered from Amazon. I'm excited to say that it fits perfectly! AND the sleeper magnet DOES WORK! As I mentioned before that I've been using my old 9650 holster and the magnet did not align properly and it was pretty tight. The 9000 holster feels and fits like it was meant for this phone and case! I know the op stated he was not a fan of this style, but I'm really digging it! Sliding it in and out is not a problem at all. For those that may be interested, when you search for Bold 9000 holster in Amazon.com, it should be the first item that shows up. The one with free shipping (with orders above $25.00). It's probly the best $7.00 I've spent for accessories on this phone. Upon looking at the case received, it looks more like the koskin holster rather than the leather holster. I know Kevin's post regarding the case said that the koskin case does not work with the hard shell case. I have that coming soon as well, so I'll check on that when I get it.
    Last edited by wrwrx; 09-09-11 at 11:26 PM.
    09-09-11 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD