In the top right corner of the Bold there seems to be a bubble like a collection of bubbles that won't come out. There are also a lot of smaller bubbles that are visible on the screen. As mentioned previously there is an 'orange peel' look to the skin. If just that giant bubble was gone then I'd be a lot happier with it, but right now it's an eye sore and looks like a defect. It's not on the phone and I even tried reapplying the skin after a few minutes when I noticed it.

I did this application last night, do you think it will go away? I've been trying to smooth it out with a credit card but no dice. Should I live with it or peel it off and go with something like Invisible Shield?

This is the Best Skins Ever Inc. skin btw.

Last edited by Firewater; 12-08-08 at 05:45 PM.
    12-08-08 05:42 PM
    Is there a question/problem you're not happy about?
    -Rik
    12-08-08 05:45 PM
    Is it the orangle peel look or what?
    12-08-08 05:46 PM
    I ordered the same skins from BSE, and the same thing happened to mine, I hated it and took it off. I had the same collection of air bubbles that would not come out.
    12-08-08 05:51 PM
    You're being picky.
    12-08-08 05:52 PM
    Usually takes a long time for all the air to come out from a wet install (considering the solution used is usually soapy water, which has some foam).

I've had half-inch sized air bubbles completely dissipate over time so it eventually goes away.
    12-08-08 05:54 PM
    Is it the orangle peel look or what?
    it's those top bubbles. maybe i didn't update the description before you posted.
    12-08-08 05:54 PM
    Usually takes a long time for all the air to come out from a wet install (considering the solution used is usually soapy water, which has some foam).

I've had half-inch sized air bubbles completely dissipate over time so it eventually goes away.
    how much time?
    12-08-08 05:55 PM
    I dont think youre being picky. The main reason i took mine off was because it compromised the clarity of the screen. I work for at&t in a retail store. If I'm selling the Bold to someone, I dont want them to see a screen that has imperfections in it. The screen looked so much better w/o the protector on it.
    12-08-08 05:55 PM
    how much time?
    If I remember correctly it could be a matter of weeks or months. It probably depends on how much surface area and air there is also. I put an IS on my 17" laptop (you can imagine how impossible that is to install without any air bubbles) and eventually those gigantic air bubbles were completely gone.
    12-08-08 06:02 PM
    crap, just turned it on and theres a tiny fiber under the screen. damnit. right in the middle.
    12-08-08 06:04 PM
    ^^ That is the #1 reason I recommend Boxwave.

-Repeatedly removeable and can be put back on (and washed and cleaned).

Downsides:
    -does not adhere to curved surfaces as well (the removeable adhesive is not as strong). The bold screen is flat so it's fine, but it's not as ideal on the Curve for example (it stays in place on the Curve but the sides come off very slightly).

But if you end up with something underneath (fingerprints, dust, debris, etc), you aren't completely screwed...
    12-08-08 06:09 PM
    lol I really don't understand why people buy this junk. the beauty bold screen is ruined with an orange peel look and doesn't look good at all.

go pick up a clarivue screen protector on ebay. they come with 2 and are a snap to put on. cut perfect and no bubbles.
    12-08-08 06:14 PM
    lol I really don't understand why people buy this junk. the beauty bold screen is ruined with an orange peel look and doesn't look good at all.

go pick up a clarivue screen protector on ebay. they come with 2 and are a snap to put on. cut perfect and no bubbles.
    You gotta buy the hype, right?

I did some research on them and these seemed the least expensive and the best. I thought I could get it on perfectly too, but nope. I'll see about those other ones.

If you pay 300 to 400 bucks for a phone, you want to protect it.
    12-08-08 06:17 PM
    If you pay 300 to 400 bucks for a phone, you want to protect it.
    yes and $10 shipped clarivue screen protectors give you that

perfect fit, no bubbles and you can't even notice it.
    12-08-08 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD