Does anyone know if there's an alternative to silicone skins? I can't use the regular silicone skins cause I'm allergic, but I'd much prefer a skin over the holster.

It's winter!! My baby needs to be clothed!!

Thanks a bunch!
    J.
    02-09-09 02:49 AM
    Your allergic to silicon cases? thats new.

anyway, i think rubber skins are made from different stuff to the silicon cases, so you might wanna consider them. (not 100% sure).

Or you can go with leather pouches.
    Last edited by death-note; 02-09-09 at 04:11 AM. Reason: because i want to.
    02-09-09 03:04 AM
    I'm figuring it's an allergic reaction.

I used to have a Pearl that had the silicone case and I could never find my bluetooth when the phone rang. After about 10 mins on the phone, my ear gets all red and hot and itchy and stays that way for about 30 mins or longer - depending on how long I'm on the phone. And it just ends up not looking very pretty since I'd end up switching sides after a while. I thought it was just that particular case, so I bought new ones but still a no go. Eventually had to take the skin off but it ended up all ugly and scratched up.

Now that I have a new phone, I want to take every precaution possible to keep it as pretty as possible.
    02-09-09 03:14 AM
    Check out the case mate smart skin. It's not silicon based like the generic ones and offers much more protection.
    02-09-09 04:55 AM
    Thanks a lot! I'll hve to take a look into that. Do you know what kind of material it is?
    02-09-09 05:08 AM
    I am not sure of the exact material but it seems like a heavier grade of rubber. I usually have a mild reaction to latex-based products such as gloves but I do not have any problems with the smart skin.
    02-09-09 05:11 AM
    Thanks again! I think I'm going to go with the Seidio Inno Case - just ordered it. Can't wait until I can play dress up with my baby. =)
    02-10-09 01:25 AM
    Can't go wrong with the Seidio Inno Case. I just ordered a gray one 2 weeks ago, came in this week. You'll love it, it adds so much more protection for your "baby" lol. It doesn't add too much bulk and it looks really nice and form fitting too.

What color did you order?
    02-13-09 12:27 PM
    I got the burgundy and the blue - the burgundy's gonna have to go back though. The coloring looked much better on my computer than in person.
    02-14-09 08:06 PM
    The Inno is awesome. I have the gray case from the CB store and just got the hybrid black/clear direct from Seidio.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 11:03 PM
    yeah go with rubber...can't tell you how many times rubbers save babies....... **(phone's of course..i call my blackberry my baby too) .. yay for rubbers!!!
    02-15-09 02:30 AM
    Case mate!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD