Do you have trouble keeping the case and phone clean?

Cause I bought my case Commuter and used it for a couple of days, but it just collects SO much dust and debris around the edges of the phone and case that its driving me nuts.

If you use any case for your Bold, do you have a problem with dust? If so, what do you do to prevent/clean it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-12-11 09:43 PM
    I have the same case and phone - no issues. Maybe just take it off and clean it every so often?
    09-12-11 09:58 PM
    Silicone provides some shock protection and is grippy, but the downside is it tends to hang on to a lot of dust, is somewhat flimsy and can stretch over time.
    09-12-11 10:09 PM
    I have the same case and phone - no issues. Maybe just take it off and clean it every so often?

Unfortunately, with my pockets, I would be doing that everyday.

Then again, I could just be extremely OCD, cause I tend to want my device to look BRAND SPANKIN' NEW at all times, whenever possible. :P

Sent from my CrackBerry 9930
    09-23-11 02:23 AM
    i noticed my case collects dust too. worth the protection though, and the dust can easily be wiped off so no biggie.
    09-23-11 02:40 AM
    If it accumulates a ton of dust, you could just remove the case, wash it under some water, and it would look like new.

I'm using the 9000 koskin holster (the one with the large flap), as it fits the 9900 in a commuter perfectly, protects it from dust in my pocket, and allows me to use in-holster profile settings (the proximity magnet works perfectly).
    09-23-11 04:19 AM
    Same for me. I use the OEM 9000 holster.

Once you wash your Commuter once, it will snare less dust. My recommendation: NO POCKETS! Lint traps is what they are!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 06:01 AM
    I had the same issue with another device using Otterbox. Personally I just use a screen cover and that's it if something happens "hello asurion" and that's it. The holster that came with my bold is fine for me but I guess time will tell.
    09-23-11 07:27 AM
    I rub my case down with a dryer sheet. Not sure what it does, but it definitely helps.
    09-23-11 07:32 AM
    I don't have any problem with dust, but then I'm keeping it in a side pocket of my purse rather than a linty pocket. I am constantly wiping off fingerprints on the Commuter's included screen protector though.
    09-23-11 08:15 AM
    I also have a commuter and the lint can be annoying, but the benifits far outweigh the obvious negatives. I pulled mine out of its OB for a day and thought it felt way too vunerable naked. I have also come to the conclusion that it feels much better in the hand surfing and typing with the case on. Just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 08:26 AM
    Yeah, it gets dusty. I take mine out of the case every couple of days to wipe off the dust on the edge of the silicone.

However I have never noticed dust on the inside of the phone, but on the case, yes. I take the time to do a battery pull as well, not that the phone really needs it, but since the case is off, I do.
    09-23-11 08:34 AM
    Placing your Oboxed phone in your pocket will also wear away the top layer of the case and cause it to lose shape. Just an FYI
    09-23-11 10:11 AM
    Is anyone using the defender case, and how does the touch screen work with it?
    09-23-11 10:14 AM
    Defender is ok......

Skin does have some issues. As it fits into a channel "groove" but comes out very easy....

Commuter and 9000 holster, BEST COMBO!
    09-23-11 10:18 AM
    I use those individually packaged lens cleaning wipes and those seem to work like a charm. I got my Commuter in Monday, and I've noticed (like all Commuter cases) that it does collect dust. I'm OCD as well about fingerprints/dust, so I go thru a number of those wipes every day, but they seem to do a good job.

I'm also glad to hear that the OEM 9000 holster will work with the Commuter case. I've got a buddy with the 9000 who NEVER used his holster. He's giving it to me, so it'll be nice that the commuter will work with it.
    09-23-11 11:30 AM
    I use those individually packaged lens cleaning wipes and those seem to work like a charm. I got my Commuter in Monday, and I've noticed (like all Commuter cases) that it does collect dust. I'm OCD as well about fingerprints/dust, so I go thru a number of those wipes every day, but they seem to do a good job.

I'm also glad to hear that the OEM 9000 holster will work with the Commuter case. I've got a buddy with the 9000 who NEVER used his holster. He's giving it to me, so it'll be nice that the commuter will work with it.
    That's how I got mine.
    09-23-11 01:30 PM
    That's how I got mine.
    LOL that's awesome. If he didn't have it still I wouldn've ordered one off CB, but since he's got it I'll just snag his.
    09-23-11 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD