Hi Everyone,

First timer since I just got my Curve last week. Here are my observations from what I have noticed online when searching for the right carrying solution....

I've noticed the word "magnet" used to describe a holster feature WITHOUT pairing the word magnet with "sleeper function". I've also noticed "sleeper function" included in a description without and with magnet.

My questions are, does the presence of a magnet ANYWHERE on the holster activate the sleeper function on the Curve? Must the magnet be located in a particular spot in order to engage the sleeper function? That is, does a magnet on top of the holster (to lock in the Curve) also double as a sleeper? Finally, I want to protect my Curve from unintended drops and use a holster to carry it (I tend to drop my gear on the floor so I am worried about impacts). I like the thought of a skin for impact resistance, but want a holster in order to carry it on my waist when I have to. but realize I don't like the idea of this beautiful device being covered. I've looked at the invisible shield as an option, but does this protect against impacts? Also, what holster would a Curve with a shield be able to fit into?

Thanks alot for reading and look forward to some good advice!
    01-16-08 04:57 PM
    The magnet must located in the lower center of holster. The ones that make a holster for a BB and say sleeper function or magnet, will be good.
    01-16-08 05:00 PM
    Great...thanks. So a magnet on top, as a closure, is not the same as a sleeper magnet. Thanks!
    01-16-08 05:04 PM
    If you insert your device upside down, then the magnet for the closure flap would work. Now wouldn't that be stupid to do that, huh?

Magnet, sleeper mode -- all referring to activating the sleeper function of your device. The great thing about buying an original holster or case, you are sure the case magnet is strategically positioned to conform with your device.

As for case that protects from drops and still able to keep the "look" of your device, I would suggest to get a hard case. I have the Speck SeeThru that I highly recommend. I have one for my Curve and I have dropped my device too many times that I thought, one more drop then I'd be totally toast. But so far, it has been always perfect for me. I use it together with the OEM Leather Holster with Swivel Belt Clilp.

01-16-08 05:43 PM
    Cool...thanks. I saw another picture you posted on a diff't thread. It was a skin inside a leather case (can't find the pic though) That was the other option I was considering, was a skin inside of the 8800 Signature Leather Pouch Case (with optional spring clip). I'm not a big fan of the plastic b/c it's bulky, but it does allow you to "see" the original BB. I guess I am realizing after 3 days of research, I've got to make a decision and place my order! Thanks for replying!
    01-16-08 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD