Can one 12v charger (or AC charger) be used for all devices? Example: Will a Motorola Bluetooth headset charger charge my Curve .... and vice versa? Are the different manufacturer's AC chargers all the same as long as they all have the mini USB plug? When you're charging a device from a USB port on a computer through a regular USB/USB mini cable all devices should be receiving the same amount of juice .... right? Is this true for 12V and AC chargers?
    03-19-08 12:12 PM
    This has been discussed here in depth. I say if the output is the same, go for it. If it's different, I wouldn't recommend it. I try to use only the factory chargers for my stuff. Just compare the price of a BB VS. price of a charger.
    03-19-08 12:17 PM
    From experience, I have found that not all "Mini-USB" chargers will work with your bb and vice-versa:

My last phone was a Motorola Q and my bb oem charger wouldn't work on the Q BUT the Q charger does work on the blackberry. Real funny!

I'm not sure if there are a different number of pins inside the usb portion of the charger.
    03-19-08 12:31 PM
    Too many variables: voltage which is obvious, current needs, and pinouts etc.
    03-19-08 01:19 PM
    Thanks everybody. I like Chaz's statement about the $ of the BB compared to the $ of the charger. Maybe I'll get a BB charger and use it for BB and headset. Smoking the headset will definitely be the lesser of two evils!!! Between the ipod, phone, headset, etc. the cords become a driving hazard!
    Last edited by krazidaz; 03-19-08 at 03:41 PM.
    03-19-08 03:38 PM
    I feel the pain, whenever I travel I carry what I call 'the gig bag'....has all the various chargers, data links, for PDAs, c/p, camera, laptop, etc etc............what a royal (but necessary) pain...........
    03-19-08 03:55 PM
    I dont think they are...I now my moto krzr does not work on my Berry.
    03-20-08 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD