Anyone out there who has this case and knows the outside dimensions of the case (with Torch inside, in closed position)? I've ordered the case, and an interested in whether or not the Koskin holster I'm using will fit with the case on?

It currently fits with a no-name two-part plastic hardshell on the 'phone, but it's a little snug.

BTW, thanks to you all for the help I've received from the folks here at Crackberry. Most user forums I've visited have been high on arguments and low on help. As a (3-week) newbie, I've solved most of my "problems" just by searching the forums.

Thanks again,

Harry
    01-03-11 05:44 PM
    The ENDO measures at 4.5"x2.75"x0.75" on the phone. I may be off a bit since the tape measure I'm using is mangled.

It should be about the same size I'd imagine between the endo and the regular one... But don't quote me on that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    01-03-11 08:53 PM
    If your device is snug without the case, it's going to be really tight with it, if it even fits at all. I have two holsters that I use with my AGF case-a OEM BB 9000 holster and a nice Luxmo vertical holster made for the Samsung Galaxy S. Both have plenty of added space to accomodate the 9800 with the AGF or Otterbox cases.
    01-03-11 10:08 PM
    Anyone out there who has this case and knows the outside dimensions of the case (with Torch inside, in closed position)? I've ordered the case, and an interested in whether or not the Koskin holster I'm using will fit with the case on?

It currently fits with a no-name two-part plastic hardshell on the 'phone, but it's a little snug.
    The GRT case seems to be just a tad thicker than most other Torch cases. I've tried on the GRT case in a store, but never seen the Endo in person.
    Best advice is to find a store with the original GRT case so you can try it on your Torch before ordering an Endo.

BTW, thanks to you all for the help I've received from the folks here at Crackberry. Most user forums I've visited have been high on arguments and low on help. As a (3-week) newbie, I've solved most of my "problems" just by searching the forums.
    Welcome to CB!

You're off to a good start:
    1. Using relevant thread title
    2. Using the Search the Forums functions for answers before posting redundant threads
    3. Including your device & carrier info in your profile so others can more easily and accurately assist you

There is a tremendous wealth of knowledge here to draw from. The only dumb question is the one you never ask.
    Best of luck, and see you in the Forums!
    01-03-11 10:44 PM
    is this case better than the otterbox commuter series case????????
    01-04-11 05:42 AM
    I have the AGF GRT case on my Torch and the dimensions with the case on in the closed position are:

11/16" Thick X 2 5/8" Wide X 4 3/8" Tall.

I bought the AGF Leather case with sleeper function from Wirelessground.com and while a little bulky, it looks and works
    fine.

Good Luck.
    01-04-11 06:18 AM
    is this case better than the otterbox commuter series case????????
    I bought the Otter first when I got my 9800 a couple of weeks ago, then I bought the AGF and it arrived yesterday. My Otter is now for sale in the CB marketplace forum.
    Harryl6134 and gilgastelum21 like this.
    01-04-11 07:23 AM
    Thanks to everyone who chimed in in a timely manner! Now I know which way to go.

I've ordered the AGF, and will wait to check out the fit on the OEM BlackBerry Koskin holster I've been using with an "el cheapo" hard case. If it won't fit, I'll order the AGF case.

Thanks again,

Harry
    01-05-11 11:37 AM
    does this scratch like all the other cases I want to order one
    01-05-11 11:34 PM
    does this scratch like all the other cases I want to order one
    From the one colour combo I have seen of the GRT, I would guess the top piece would scratch but the bottom piece would not.
    I haven't seen the Endo in person, but I'm guessing that it would be much less likely to scratch as it appears the top piece is the same material as the bottom piece on the Endo.
    01-06-11 05:46 AM
    I had a AGF GRT case on my torch for 3 days. Hated how it added to the bulk(personal opinion).

Anyways, when i dropped it with the case on(hard fall on concrete), it protected the phone perfectly and blew apart into the 2 pieces. Only downside was i now had a huge scratch in the blue top cover piece, scratched so deep you could see the black plastic underneath. The coloring on the top piece is just that, a top coat of color. In my opinion the case will protect your phone but, makes the phone way to slippery to hold onto.
    01-06-11 07:54 AM
    Just an update...my "seller refurbished" AGF case from eBay arrived today. Nary a scratch on it, at less than 1/2 of retail. So far, I love it! Seems much more secure.
    FWIW, it fits into the BlackBerry Koskin "sythetic leather" case I had bought from eBay, but very snugly. I've ordered the AGF case, and will report back when I can try it out.

Thanks again for chiming in , everyone!

Harry
    01-06-11 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD