I just got the 9800 and im lovin it. i went from an 8820 (i love my 8820 and had a hard time lettin go). so i go ahead and get the AGF glide rail tech. case for it. i love the design and the aesthetics but the slidin is a bit stiff. not a huge deal but was wonderin if anyone else has this case and what they think. i was gonna go with the otterbox but didnt wanna cover up how good the torch looks.
    09-08-10 05:59 PM
    I got the same case. I had issues with the case mate carbon fiber one with the top cover for the screen. So I got this and like it, same as you, except it really impedes the slide. On a good note it fixes my loose screen issues . I'd really like to try the otterbox but the at&t store is always sold out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 06:18 PM
    so is there an easy way to get the case to come apart? i already broke the chrome one that comes in the box. i usually just slide the phone open like it says but then i push up on both sides until it pops off. and it usually goes flying.
    09-08-10 06:42 PM
    My Otterbox just arrived and i am not having any issues. I did see a case and tried it in the store but it really affected the slider. Be leery of those as they over time will cause wear and tear. I got mine at CB. I tried a few 1ft drop tests on hard carpet just to test the front popping off as many have reported. No issues here and access to the top row of keys is not impacted either.
    09-08-10 08:40 PM
    Well from what agf is saying the grt case will actually help the wear and tear on the slder. Cuz it uses the actual case to slide therefore preventin ur slide mechanism from wearin out. UOTE=shansmi;5561703]My Otterbox just arrived and i am not having any issues. I did see a case and tried it in the store but it really affected the slider. Be leery of those as they over time will cause wear and tear. I got mine at CB. I tried a few 1ft drop tests on hard carpet just to test the front popping off as many have reported. No issues here and access to the top row of keys is not impacted either.[/QUOTE]

09-08-10 09:18 PM
    Well from what agf is saying the grt case will actually help the wear and tear on the slder. Cuz it uses the actual case to slide therefore preventin ur slide mechanism from wearin out.
    But as long as the Torch opens, with or without the GRT case, won't the slider mech be used too? I'm not sure, but I imagine that would be the case.
    09-08-10 11:34 PM
    I got the AGF case same day as the Torch. I don't have any issues with the case. I have larger fingers and I don't feel impeded by typing on the top row at all. Very pleased with the case.

09-08-10 11:51 PM
    anyone got a link for this case?
    09-08-10 11:59 PM
    BlackBerry Torch GRT Case - AT&T - BlackBerry - BlackBerry Torch - AGF

here u go. theres even a video up there for u to watch.

yea i see what ur saying it makes sense. and i just got a case mate barely there case and i really like it...but i thnk it would lack in the protection dept. but the design was nice and it didnt impede the sliding.
    09-09-10 11:19 AM
    Wondering if anyone is having issues opening the slider after having the case on. I just got one today from AT&T amd it's STIFF. I cant get the slide opened with one hand, gotta use two hands because of how tightly it came together.

Wondering if that's the case with all of them? or is it just mine that's slightly defective?

Thanks
    10-23-10 02:38 AM
    Wondering if anyone is having issues opening the slider after having the case on. I just got one today from AT&T amd it's STIFF. I cant get the slide opened with one hand, gotta use two hands because of how tightly it came together.

Wondering if that's the case with all of them? or is it just mine that's slightly defective?

Thanks
    It'll loosen up a little with time.
    10-23-10 03:22 AM
    It'll loosen up a little with time.
    so I dont need to lubricate/grease it? lol
    10-23-10 07:48 AM
    Hello........ My blackberry torch is NAKED. where can i get a good solid case that would protect my phone at a reasonable price?
    10-23-10 08:50 AM
    i've had this case for a while. its the best far as im concerned. its in the middle as far as bulk and protection. the front attaches to the back and moves with a rail. it doesn't have any rubber buttons protruding from the sides like the otterbox. don't really understand the point of having those rubber things on there other than making you accidently press things. especially the unlock button.

and ya the slide action is a bit stiff at first but once its worn in its just fine. this really should be the go to case as far as the torch is concerned. perfect for a sliding phone.
    12-29-10 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD