So, I got a charging cradle off of ebay. It said for Storm2, but sure enough, it was for the original Storm. No problem, Dremel fixed that issue. Now, it charges just fine when plugged in to the computer, but not the wall charger. It gives the old "insufficient power, USB drivers, blah, blah." Is there anything I can do to get it to work? I tried searching, but no success.
    11-22-09 08:06 PM
    Bump for some assistance.
    11-22-09 11:05 PM
    Bump for some assistance.
    http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content
    11-22-09 11:59 PM
    If it comes to that, I will buy the legit cradle. For now, just trying to get this one working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 12:35 AM
    Well the Storm 1 cradle is not meant for the Storm 2. I'd just save your self the headache and buy the correct cradle.
    11-23-09 12:44 AM
    Well, I guess you get what you pay for.
    11-23-09 12:38 PM
    Well, I guess you get what you pay for.
    Well yeah but you can't complain that it won't work since it's not meant for the Storm 2 lol.
    11-23-09 03:00 PM
    Well yeah but you can't complain that it won't work since it's not meant for the Storm 2 lol.
    According to the ebay listing, it was for Storm2. Gave him negative feedback. Beware people.
    11-23-09 04:11 PM
    According to the ebay listing, it was for Storm2. Gave him negative feedback. Beware people.
    OH I see what you mean... Yes I would be upset too. I would negative feedback that person lol. I got mine on ebay as well and it was the right one. I probably would not have taken a dremel to it and filed a claim with Paypal lol.

Ah well just get one from a trusted source
    11-23-09 04:16 PM
    Do you have the phone seated on the USB end in the cradle correctly? The cradle is nothing more than a fixed position USB cable.
    11-23-09 04:16 PM
    I bought one off ebay and the cradle was fine but I received the same insufficient power message. Didn't get message when hook to computer. I switch the power cord with an old one I had and now it works fine - no error message
    11-23-09 04:55 PM
    I'm using mine just fine. Had the S1 Seidio cradle and when I upgraded tried it just to see. The very first time I put it on I got that messege, but after inspecting it found that it wasnt seated all the way down (I was being very careful not to damage either piece) so I took it off and reinserted it and walla!! been using it ever since with no modifications at all (I did remove the insert though)
    11-23-09 05:54 PM
    Do you have the phone seated on the USB end in the cradle correctly? The cradle is nothing more than a fixed position USB cable.
    I was actually curious about this, is the actual usb connector just like the one connected with the AC adapter or does it not have the tabs on it so that it just slides in easier?

I am just wondering if, like other BB's with the contacts on the phone if the cradle for the S2 was designed to limit wear on the usb port
    11-23-09 06:37 PM
    I was actually curious about this, is the actual usb connector just like the one connected with the AC adapter or does it not have the tabs on it so that it just slides in easier?

I am just wondering if, like other BB's with the contacts on the phone if the cradle for the S2 was designed to limit wear on the usb port
    It is a USB, but it doesn't have the tabs on it. I would imagine that like you mentioned it is to reduce wear on the USB port.
    11-23-09 06:40 PM
    It is a USB, but it doesn't have the tabs on it. I would imagine that like you mentioned it is to reduce wear on the USB port.
    Perfect thanks!
    11-23-09 06:41 PM
    Yeah, it's seated just fine. Like I said, it charges fine when connected to the PC, but not the wall.
    11-23-09 08:58 PM
    I bought one off ebay and the cradle was fine but I received the same insufficient power message. Didn't get message when hook to computer. I switch the power cord with an old one I had and now it works fine - no error message
    That's what the seller said he thinks the problem is. He's sending me a new AC charger. Let's hope that does it. If not, I will just get the one from RIM. Not like it's a million bucks, but I liked the ebay one because it charges a spare battery at the same time. Cool if it would work with the wall charger.
    11-23-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD