I see Motorola makes an adapter so you can use a mini USB charger for a micro USB BB phone: CB part number A3062 (sorry, no link -- the forum isn't letting me post any link until I do six or seven more posts).

From CB they're $9.95. On Amazon they're available for under $2.00 (though I don't know how reliable that Motorola logo is under those circumstances -- seller is sfplanet.com).

Assuming it's the genuine Motorola product, this could be worth the $9.95 (or of course the $2.00), given that the actual mini USB travel charger is currently on backorder from both BlackBerry's site and CB's site.

The question, though, is whether we can be sure that using a mini USB charger with an adapter for a micro USB port is providing the exact same juice to the phone with exactly the same performance and no risk of harm.

Thanks!
    07-24-09 02:40 AM
    I see Motorola makes an adapter so you can use a mini USB charger for a micro USB BB phone: CB part number A3062 (sorry, no link -- the forum isn't letting me post any link until I do six or seven more posts).

From CB they're $9.95. On Amazon they're available for under $2.00 (though I don't know how reliable that Motorola logo is under those circumstances -- seller is sfplanet.com).

Assuming it's the genuine Motorola product, this could be worth the $9.95 (or of course the $2.00), given that the actual mini USB travel charger is currently on backorder from both BlackBerry's site and CB's site.

The question, though, is whether we can be sure that using a mini USB charger with an adapter for a micro USB port is providing the exact same juice to the phone with exactly the same performance and no risk of harm.

Thanks!
    I have one of those, but its not a charger, its just a USB (from a computer) to a regular mini USB with a MICRO USB adapter for my Tour. Let me just tell you, out of personal experience, that thing doesn't work at ALL! Terrible purchase!
    07-24-09 02:53 AM
    I have one of those, but its not a charger, its just a USB (from a computer) to a regular mini USB with a MICRO USB adapter for my Tour. Let me just tell you, out of personal experience, that thing doesn't work at ALL! Terrible purchase!
    I think we may be talking about differing things. The description at the CB item says:

"This Motorola charging adapter allows you to use your Mini USB chargers, headsets, and data cables on Micro USB ports."

The picture sure looks like a female for the input (mini USB) and male for the output (micro USB). Seems to me that would step down a mini USB "wall or car" charger to fit phones that require s micro USB plug.

I think we're talking about different things.
    07-24-09 03:00 AM
    yes we are! LOL Sorry about that!
    07-24-09 03:01 AM
    No problem. :-) I appreciate the effort to help.
    07-24-09 03:03 AM
    I have three of them. They're great to have because I still have plenty of things that are mini USB, so when I'm traveling I only need one charger. My Plantronics, Treo Pro and Tour are all micro, but my Forerunner and various mp3 players are mini. It's just a pass through cable, nothing more.
    07-24-09 03:07 AM
    I have three of them. They're great to have because I still have plenty of things that are mini USB, so when I'm traveling I only need one charger. My Plantronics, Treo Pro and Tour are all micro, but my Forerunner and various mp3 players are mini. It's just a pass through cable, nothing more.
    I bought one from ebay for $2 and it is working like a champ. The mini usb charger from my old phone became useless after I got my bb but now I technically have 2 chargers now one at home and one for work so I totally recommend to buy one of those since its cheap and u can reuse ur old mini usb charger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD