02-11-10 02:54 PM
37 12
tools
    so i just went on accessory geeks to see what skins i could get for the curve 8530 and i clicked on the blackberry and brought up all the phones and it has the 9650 accessories...so i guess u can get the stuff u want for it now
    02-09-10 02:10 PM
    so i thought id let you guys know that
    02-09-10 02:11 PM
    that is really strange, they are probably betting on the fact that the tour accessories will be transferrable to t2.
    02-09-10 02:11 PM
    Again, I thought you were done waiting, and YET again, this does not merrit a new thread~ The 9650 is supposed to be the same size as the Tour, so all the accessories for the Tour will work for the 9650- people have been buying accessories already. Therefore, this is not news, this is not new, and this is a waste. PLEASE do us all a favor, and next time you want to start a new thread, don't. Unless the head of RIM, VZW, or Sprint sends you an email stating a release date, that is new thread worthy.
    02-09-10 02:14 PM
    you know i went on that site for another phone an i thought id let people know about the stuff they have out for the t2...it says for the t1 and the t2 if u have a problem stay off my thread
    02-09-10 02:16 PM
    I'm beginning to think Iwant9650 is into you, Shamrock. Every post/thread ive read lately that has you anywhere in it, Iwant9650 is right there behind you. Watch out. Thanks for the info from accessory geeks. The wife shops with them all the time.
    02-09-10 02:49 PM
    Again, I thought you were done waiting, and YET again, this does not merrit a new thread~ The 9650 is supposed to be the same size as the Tour, so all the accessories for the Tour will work for the 9650- people have been buying accessories already. Therefore, this is not news, this is not new, and this is a waste. PLEASE do us all a favor, and next time you want to start a new thread, don't. Unless the head of RIM, VZW, or Sprint sends you an email stating a release date, that is new thread worthy.
    I really try to stay out of things like this, but it seems they're happening all the time now and this is one I have to back shamrock on.

How does this not deserve it's own thread? It doesn't pertain to the potential release date of the T2, so it definitely doesn't belong in one of those threads. So which previously existing thread do you think it belongs in? I'm curious. There was a thread a while back asking if the accessories for the Tour 1 will fit those for the Tour 2, but this doesn't really belong there either.

Also, she specifically said she was looking for accessories for the Curve 2, not the Tour 2. She wasn't saying she's not done waiting. Obviously she is, if she was looking for Curve 2 accessories. She just happened to notice those and thought she'd pass along the information and let us know we can start buying accessories there, even though the phone isn't out yet, if we want. She was only trying to be helpful.

Lastly, really, who are you to say what does and doesn't deserve a new thread? This place would be pretty damn dull if people were only posting in the Essex Release Date thread. Obviously new threads need to be started regarding different aspects of the phone, just like in any of the other forums on crackberry. It seems like anytime anyone starts a thread outside that one, some people get all bent out of shape. I don't get it. Why don't we let the MODS decide these things? That's their job, after all. It's things like this that really turn me off from these forums.

Not trying to start any problems here, just wanted to speak my mind.

ETA - I just realized I don't know for sure whether Shamrock is a guy or girl... Sorry if I've offended!
    02-09-10 03:08 PM
    I really try to stay out of things like this, but it seems they're happening all the time now and this is one I have to back shamrock on.

How does this not deserve it's own thread? It doesn't pertain to the potential release date of the T2, so it definitely doesn't belong in one of those threads. So which previously existing thread do you think it belongs in? I'm curious. There was a thread a while back asking if the accessories for the Tour 1 will fit those for the Tour 2, but this doesn't really belong there either.

Also, she specifically said she was looking for accessories for the Curve 2, not the Tour 2. She wasn't saying she's not done waiting. Obviously she is, if she was looking for Curve 2 accessories. She just happened to notice those and thought she'd pass along the information and let us know we can start buying accessories there, even though the phone isn't out yet, if we want. She was only trying to be helpful.

Lastly, really, who are you to say what does and doesn't deserve a new thread? This place would be pretty damn dull if people were only posting in the Essex Release Date thread. Obviously new threads need to be started regarding different aspects of the phone, just like in any of the other forums on crackberry. It seems like anytime anyone starts a thread outside that one, some people get all bent out of shape. I don't get it. Why don't we let the MODS decide these things? That's their job, after all. It's things like this that really turn me off from these forums.

ETA - I just realized I don't know for sure whether Shamrock is a guy or girl... Sorry if I've offended!
    You go girl!
    02-09-10 03:11 PM
    yea so put that in your pipe and smoke it...ive noticed that person following me lol
    02-09-10 03:37 PM

+1
    10 char
    02-09-10 04:01 PM
    @Iwant9650 Don't click the thread if you don't want to read it! It's not like the op misled anyone with the title. If your just looking to fight with someone, go somewhere else!

P.S. Mojo whats crackin? (my little attempt at humor lol)
    02-09-10 04:11 PM
    There are several sites currently offering "tour 2 accessories". Should we start a thread for every one?
    I think that's the point that Iwant9650 was trying to make when he said it's not worthy of a new thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 04:22 PM
    There are several sites currently offering "tour 2 accessories". Should we start a thread for every one?
    I think that's the point that Iwant9650 was trying to make when he said it's not worthy of a new thread.

That was the point I was trying to make. Thank you, Scanner. There doesn't need to be a new thread for every little, tiny thing. I figured that if I posted it in more than one place, shamrock may see it and get the point... I wasn't trying to argue. Just trying to say it isn't necessary for one to start a new thread every day. For example, maybe this could go in a thread that has already been created... like the one that asked about cases and such, or the one that talked about the accessories for the phone.
    02-09-10 04:37 PM

Okay I can see that, but I for one was not aware of that. The last time I checked I didn't find any sites that were offering them, which was why I was just going to order Tour 1 accessories. So to me, and I'm sure many others out there, this was helpful info. Isn't that what it's all about? Helping others out? One can't assume that just because some of you out there already knew this, that everyone did. You guys have to take into account that not everyone on here knows everything. How was she to know that some of you out there already knew it? The only thread I can recall about any sort of T2 accessory being out was a long time ago when someone posted there were Zagg screen protectors.

People try to be helpful on here and they just get slammed for it, because some people out there expect everyone out there to know what everyone else does and doesn't know. And God forbid someone post info that one person out there already knows! According to some members here, that's practically grounds for being banned. Ridiculous. I seriously don't get this place. I've been a member of a lot of different forums and I've never known any of them to be so uptight and rude. It's like living in a dictatorship.

I'm not attacking you by any means, I know you were just trying to explain what he may have been saying in this original post. I'm just responding to that logic.
    02-09-10 04:39 PM
    That was the point I was trying to make. Thank you, Scanner. There doesn't need to be a new thread for every little, tiny thing. I figured that if I posted it in more than one place, shamrock may see it and get the point... I wasn't trying to argue. Just trying to say it isn't necessary for one to start a new thread every day. For example, maybe this could go in a thread that has already been created... like the one that asked about cases and such, or the one that talked about the accessories for the phone.
    I don't consider accessories being available a "tiny little thing." As I've posted several times before, I want to start buying accessories for the T2 to maybe help the wait time go by quicker and so I can be sure I have everything to protect it right when I get it. So for me, this was very helpful information.
    02-09-10 04:40 PM

well yes cause thats the only logical thing to do
    02-09-10 04:43 PM
    an yes mojo i am a girl lol its ok not offended
    02-09-10 04:46 PM
    an yes mojo i am a girl lol its ok not offended
    Okay good! lol And I for one appreciate the info, so thank you.

I'm hoping that people stop being so rude when the phone is finally here. Maybe then they can relax a little and stop being so rude.
    02-09-10 04:52 PM
    My point was there have been threads about accessories already. If we didn't have as many threads, you could have been able to read and see that one by now. And you would also be able to find that the phone is the same size as the Tour. So in order to get a "T2 accessory" on a site, they just put all those that would fit the Tour over in a category that said Tour2.For example, on the cases that go over the trackpad area, the thing is still circular-shaped for the trackball. If it were a different size, and if completely new products needed to manufactured, then it would be a bigger deal, but the stuff is the same.
    02-09-10 04:53 PM
    I think the point is, if anyone should be telling people that their posts are inappropriate then it should be the moderators and not people who are just ticked off and looking to start a fight. I bet more than a few of us came into this thread because we WERE interested in what the OP had to say. Personally, I do find it offensive that certain individuals on this board believe that they have the right to tell everyone else what they should or shouldn't do or what they should or shouldn't be interested in. If you don't like the thread, don't read it. If you are sick of the message boards, GO AWAY! People don't come online to be attacked by others. They come online to gain information about something. There are other locations for you to go and vent and be negative. There is no need for it here.

Mods, can you please step in and do something about this?
    Thank you.
    02-10-10 01:32 PM

Mods, can you please step in and do something about this?
    Thank you.
    Amen, moderators please try to control the people that keep starting new threads with worthless and old information with misleading titles. Teach them that if they really want to post their drivel, simply do it in one of the threads
    that are already overrun with useless chit chat.

Thank you.
    02-10-10 02:06 PM
    I appreciate the OP comments about the accessories being available. I for one was concerned that the phone was going to launch and that I would not be able to find anything for it. For someone to say Well is just like the Tour 1 is completely out of line. Are you an engineer for RIM? Do you really know? Is the Storm 1 and Storm 2 the same? As a matter of fact they are not. My wife has one and she had to wait months after the phone launch for Seidio to release the Innocase for the Storm 2 because the one for Storm 1 would not work.
    If you do not want to read another post about accessories then dont click on a post about accessories.
    As far as meaningless posts on this form goes, I dont see a problem. If there are any, they get few replies and drop off to the bottom quickly. If the only posts on this forum were 100% positive information, then this forum would be dead. I would suggest that if you need to complain you find another outlet.
    02-10-10 02:57 PM
    I appreciate the OP comments about the accessories being available. I for one was concerned that the phone was going to launch and that I would not be able to find anything for it. For someone to say Well is just like the Tour 1 is completely out of line. Are you an engineer for RIM? Do you really know? Is the Storm 1 and Storm 2 the same? As a matter of fact they are not. My wife has one and she had to wait months after the phone launch for Seidio to release the Innocase for the Storm 2 because the one for Storm 1 would not work.
    If you do not want to read another post about accessories then dont click on a post about accessories.
    As far as meaningless posts on this form goes, I dont see a problem. If there are any, they get few replies and drop off to the bottom quickly. If the only posts on this forum were 100% positive information, then this forum would be dead. I would suggest that if you need to complain you find another outlet.
    So true we don't know exactly I guess. Don't stock up on accessories just yet.
    02-10-10 03:00 PM
    Being as the Tour and the Essex have exactly the same dimensions and build (excluding a smaller bottom row because of the track pad), MOST accessories should be transferable. :/ I thought that was common knowledge based on deductive thinking. I guess I was wrong.

No snark intended, I'm just backing up some of the people of the opinion that this isn't groundbreaking news. *shrug* I see where they're coming from.
    Last edited by CapnCrunchBerry; 02-10-10 at 03:11 PM. Reason: clarification
    02-10-10 03:11 PM
    For someone to say “Well is just like the Tour 1” is completely out of line. Are you an engineer for RIM? Do you really know?
    No, I don't work for RIM. I was saying that the stuff on these sites are the same one that are for the Tour. Obv you haven't looked. All the stuff says it is for the Tour 9630 AND 9650~ Therefore, it is the same. That is what I was trying to say. This has been discussed already in multiple places:http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/wh...ou-buy-417375/ http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/cases-416653/ http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/ju...s-size-415386/ Without all these repetitive threads, it is possible you would have been able to find this much sooner
    02-10-10 04:02 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD