Any idea when blackberry is coming out with their own cases and/or more accessories for this phone?
    10-21-08 09:58 PM
    10-22-08 09:44 AM
    Yeah, one of the drawbacks of purchasing a new phone model (like a car) is the availability of accessories. I don't see too many skins coming out for this BB!

BTW - Welcome to CB!
    10-22-08 10:09 AM
    seriously! at least a case, protective film cover, something!?
    10-22-08 02:14 PM
    I ended up purchasing a case on "cellxpo". I cannot html because of my newbness. But I will update once I receive it to see if it fit well. It wraps around the blackberry completely so I hope it doesn't interfere with typing, but at least it'll be protected at all times.

Edit:

Do not purchase a case from them as it does not fit the BB and it is flimsy. Now I must deal with their customer service to see if I get a refund.
    Last edited by steveb944; 11-03-08 at 02:24 PM. Reason: upate on post
    10-22-08 03:35 PM
    10-22-08 04:33 PM

I got mine today, and Love it. I would go IS from ZAGG until there are more stuff for the flip phone since its so new.
    10-23-08 12:45 AM
    Did you get the whole phone or just the outside flip piece? Is it clear or is it obvious there is a film on the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 07:50 AM
    I've read people are having problems finding compatible holsters that will put the BB in standby (holster mode).
    I assumed the 8220 would consider itself "holstered" with the flip closed, but I get the impression it doesn't work that way
    Other BB model holster magnets don't line up properly w/ the 8220.
    10-24-08 04:55 AM
    I've read people are having problems finding compatible holsters that will put the BB in standby (holster mode).
    I assumed the 8220 would consider itself "holstered" with the flip closed, but I get the impression it doesn't work that way
    Other BB model holster magnets don't line up properly w/ the 8220.
    I'm using the 8120 OEM holster (not pouch) and the phone fits perfect. The 3.5mm jack, mute button and microUSB ports are not blocked (with the front facing out).

As far as being holstered; the phone goes into holster mode when the flip is closed. The magnetic strip in the holster / pouch has no affect on the BB.
    10-24-08 09:53 AM
    I'm using the 8120 OEM holster (not pouch) and the phone fits perfect. The 3.5mm jack, mute button and microUSB ports are not blocked (with the front facing out).

As far as being holstered; the phone goes into holster mode when the flip is closed. The magnetic strip in the holster / pouch has no affect on the BB.
    Hmm... where did you find the OEM holster? I looked at the BLackberry shopping site and coulnd't find it... only the leather "pouch" holsters.

I'd like to get one, since keeping the flip in a pouch makes it too hard for my old ears to hear the ringing!
    10-24-08 03:41 PM
    I've never used a holster but I would consider a horizontal pouch. The "holstered" mode would be a plus for this phone IMO since it is very loud on high vol and often too loud on the desk (holstered) on low vol depending on ringtone. Holstered mode would give a happy medium. I'm happy to just keep in front pocket.
    10-27-08 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD