I'll be getting my first blackberry in a few short days (the curve 8530). I was wondering what accessories I should get with it, as it comes with a $50 accessory credit.

Also what are some tips / things I should know as a "first time" blackberry user?

05-26-10 07:09 PM
    definitely a screen protector and a case
    05-26-10 07:15 PM
    Media card if it will take it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 07:21 PM
    I also vote for media card especially if you like watching a lot of videos and take a lot of pictures. I have always had skins on my device because it prevents scratches and dings. I would definitely invest in some sort of protection for your new BB. It will come in handy when it time to upgrade to a new device. You will be able to get top dollar for your BB.

05-26-10 08:19 PM
    A car charger, good case, and screen protector. That's all that you need...
    05-26-10 08:20 PM
    +1 for a good case. I knew my 9700 was on the way, and ordered a Seidio to coincide with the delivery of the phone, so I had a good case on it from day one.
    05-26-10 10:05 PM
    Now i heard the battery has to be broken in on new BB's. How long do I need to charge it for, to break it in?
    05-27-10 05:20 PM
    Battery doesn't need to be broken in at all. Charge it up and use it. The batteries in BB's like to be kept charged, they only go bad if you repeatedly run them dead. Keep it charged and you will have a long lasting battery for your new BB.

05-27-10 06:31 PM
    Battery doesn't need to be broken in at all. Charge it up and use it. The batteries in BB's like to be kept charged, they only go bad if you repeatedly run them dead. Keep it charged and you will have a long lasting battery for your new BB.

Very sound advice-perfectly stated.
    05-27-10 06:44 PM
    +1 for a good case. I knew my 9700 was on the way, and ordered a Seidio to coincide with the delivery of the phone, so I had a good case on it from day one.
    I have always gotten the BlackBerry skins with my devices. They seem to fit better and feel better in your hand. Also, on the BlackBerry website, it is indicated that users should only use BlackBerry made/approved accessories. This may be just their way of making money, but they seem to work better for me.

05-27-10 09:09 PM
    I use a skin, screen protector, media card and a car charger. Plus I have an extra wall charger
    and USB cable for my work PC.
    05-27-10 09:43 PM

Perfect, Thank you!!
    05-29-10 12:35 PM
    I would also recommend a cradle if they make them for your phone and a spare battery if you use your phone alot.
    05-29-10 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD