Hi Everyone. I'm a 'newbie'. just got my verizon 2 fer 1 STORM(s). i've got a bunch of ?'s i'm generating. get ready <lol>.

my first has to do with a cradle for the STORM for the car. i haven't been able to find ANYTHING with a 'custom' STORM cradle in which you can 'drop' your STORM and have it charge. i've seen a number of universal, but i'm looking for something like the desk cradle. it holds the device; it positions it horizontally; it charges; and makes popcorn (no sorry. not that).

anyone seen anything like that?

Thanks and happy PDA'ing

MyCamel
    (Mike Hammel)
    Long time Palm & Treo convert (God how i love PUSH technology!)
    02-17-09 07:38 PM
    Verizon Sells the Dock... its called a Sync Pod... it will charge and sync data.....
    02-17-09 09:21 PM
    What about buying the sync pod and a micro-usb car charger. That way you can do just as you describe. Plug the micro-usb into the back of the sync pod and attach the sync pod to your dash using something like velco. That way you can plug the storm right into the sync pod in the car and then when you go home or at work, you can unhook the sync pod and place it right on your desk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 09:22 PM
    What about buying the sync pod and a micro-usb car charger. That way you can do just as you describe. Plug the micro-usb into the back of the sync pod and attach the sync pod to your dash using something like velco. That way you can plug the storm right into the sync pod in the car and then when you go home or at work, you can unhook the sync pod and place it right on your desk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is nothing short of genius! Couldn't have said it better myself.
    02-17-09 10:25 PM
    well, that sure addresses that! looks like there isn't a custom one. with that said, i did find one that is similar to the cradle idea and they have a mount that should fit my car.

i do have a suction cup with mount that i will try to afix to the cradle. let's see how it does. if it's viable, i'll post some photos or somethin'.

thanks for the input ya'll.

My Camel
    02-19-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD