11-10-11 03:16 AM
29 12
tools
    Hi there,

I will be ordering the 9900 from eBay within the next few days and I am pondering about whether to get myself a 9000 holster, since there are loads of controversials out there who say that the pouch/holster scratches the rear and screen of the 9900 device. Will the 9000, or my 9700 pouch fit the 9900? I don't see why the 9000 pouch won't hold the 9900, just that it's a bit thin and the 9700 pouch has elastics around the side, so maybe the 9900 can sort of stretch into it.

Thanks for any insight!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 07:20 PM
    Just tried my 9900 in a 9700 pouch... not good

Even with the elasticated sides it's still a tight fit, too deep, too short, and offers virtually no protection.

I don't know what the US holsters are like, but the UK 9900 leather pouch is perfect. Great fit, doesn't damage the phone at all, and I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Joel_Zimmerman likes this.
    11-03-11 07:33 PM
    I just ordered one for work and then ordered an Otterbox Defender case and holster.

11-03-11 07:36 PM
    I just ordered one for work and then ordered an Otterbox Defender case and holster.

11-03-11 07:58 PM
    Just buy the OEM holster and/or pocket type case. You can search around and find them at good prices. I have both and they are good quality cases.
    11-03-11 08:03 PM
    I am not one for cases unfortunately, unless I can have a case on the 9900 and at the same time, fit it into a holster. I am just so sceptical, since I don't think Vodafone UK would allow me to replace the phone if the screen or battery door becomes scratched. I don't really want to put a screen protector on it either.

11-03-11 08:04 PM
    I am not one for cases unfortunately, unless I can have a case on the 9900 and at the same time, fit it into a holster. I am just so sceptical, since I don't think Vodafone UK would allow me to replace the phone if the screen or battery door becomes scratched. I don't really want to put a screen protector on it either.

I know the OtterBox Commuter case will fit in the 9000 holster. That would be a way to go.
    11-03-11 08:09 PM
    Nice! Thanks for the tip. I shall definitely give it a try
    Thanks.

11-03-11 08:42 PM
    I am just so sceptical, since I don't think Vodafone UK would allow me to replace the phone if the screen or battery door becomes scratched.
    Vodafone won't touch the phone if you're getting it from eBay.

11-03-11 08:44 PM
    Vodafone won't touch the phone if you're getting it from eBay.

This is true, must have slipped my mind for a bit. Late hours here in UK! Even so, I won't be able to return it anywhere so I guess this will make me extra vigilant about keeping the 9900 scratch-free.
    11-03-11 08:48 PM
    I have the OEM hardshell case. I love it.
    I've tried the OEM softshell case too...it's good too.

I've dropped my 9900 a few times and no damage whatsoever!
    11-03-11 08:59 PM
    That sounds like a good deal breaker. I guess my ultimate wonder is, does the case/holster actually scratch the phone itself? If it genuinely does, I'll probably see if I can smooth out the stitching on the pouch/holster or tape it to stop any damage occuring. There are posts saying it doesn't scratch it and there are posts saying it does. Which is legitimate?

Thanks.

11-04-11 10:49 AM
    Just tried my 9900 in a 9700 pouch... not good

Even with the elasticated sides it's still a tight fit, too deep, too short, and offers virtually no protection.

I don't know what the US holsters are like, but the UK 9900 leather pouch is perfect. Great fit, doesn't damage the phone at all, and I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

I'll take your word on your experience
    I wasn't fully aware that holsters and pouches were different in certain regions!

11-04-11 10:52 AM
    Just buy the OEM holster and/or pocket type case. You can search around and find them at good prices. I have both and they are good quality cases.
    I am going with the Otterbox commuter. Ditching the charging pods at the bottom...
    11-04-11 11:32 AM
    The only thing I've seen when using the OEM holster that ships with the device is some fine scratches on the edges of the battery door, that I can only attribute to taking the phone in and out of the case. Take into consideration that this case is not the same as the leather case that Phill was talking about, just the same design. I think the leather case has some additional padding, and softer fabric on the inside. I've had no issues with a scratched screen. I keep a screen protector on my Bold, and I haven't seen any scratches on that at all.
    11-04-11 12:04 PM
    Otterbox commuter for me too, with a screen protector
    11-04-11 12:22 PM
    comes with a screen protector and fits in an old Tour holster. Only problem it doesn't work in the 9930 charging cradle.
    11-04-11 12:57 PM
    I want to find the old holster that was the slide in that came with the 8700. Anyone know if they make a new one for the 9900?
    11-04-11 02:35 PM
    Hi, Like Phill_UK I concur that the UK pouches are top quality and an excellent fit. So much so that I read (can't remember where) that a number of people were complaining about these too scratching the rear door.

As I was so concerned, I decided to buy one of those 'Barely there' cases to cover the back and ensure no scratches. I have to say that it works a treat. However, my phone no longer fits (comfortably) in the pouch It is a serious tight squeeze so much so that it took me nearly 20mins to get the phone back out!

So as a workaround I bought a cheap 9000 case (from eBay) and it fits but the auto-locking magnet doesn't seem to lock the phone. I returned the case and got another one from a different seller and still the same thing happened. Apart from desperately trying to stretch the OEM pouch (which ain't working) anybody have any suggestions? I'd really like to use a pouch (with an auto-locking magnet) but I'd like to continue using my 'barely there' case. Your help would be hugely appreciated and it might help the OP.

Thanks in advance.

Mav.
    11-05-11 09:54 AM
    Hey there,

I have a friend coming to visit from the UK next week and with all this talk about some of the cases being better over there, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a specific rubber skin and holster combo.

I am currently using a skin and the 9700 holster. The problem is that the skin doesn't give me access to the top lock button and makes it difficult to access the convenience keys. I also prefer a rubber skin compared to the plastic one I am currently using. My current skin/holster combo also doesn't allow the BB to go into sleep mode.

Can anyone recommend a rubber skin that will actually fit into a holster (and which holster?)

My friend asked me to look at the:

carphonewarehouse.co.uk

and

Mobile Fun - Mobile Accessories, Bluetooth Headsets, SIM Free Mobiles, Ringtones, Games & more!

to see if anything there would work

Thanks for any help
    11-05-11 02:54 PM
    Anyone have suggestions for this? Thanks!
    11-05-11 10:30 PM

DO NOT USE OTTERBOX DEFENDER!!! My wife used that with the holster and it scratched the top and bottom bezel of her phone.

11-05-11 10:42 PM
    DO NOT USE OTTERBOX DEFENDER!!! My wife used that with the holster and it scratched the top and bottom bezel of her phone.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=666273
    Some scary ****e goin on over at otterbox. Specially with the defender case. Stay clear of the defender model
    Last edited by Mamaluka; 11-06-11 at 12:47 AM.
    11-06-11 12:38 AM
    I know the OtterBox Commuter case will fit in the 9000 holster. That would be a way to go.
    Remember that at least two of women from Mobile Nations find the holster... unique to BlackBerries, lets just say :P
    Last edited by rcheung135; 11-06-11 at 01:02 AM.
    11-06-11 01:13 AM
    Yeah, but the commuter isn't just a skin right?
    11-06-11 01:44 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD