I've been having this bothersome issue. My Torch 9810 with an Otterbox Case on it will not roatate unless I take the case off first. Is it because the case doesn't let the slider shut all the way?
    04-27-12 12:06 PM
    will it rotate with the case off of it?
    04-27-12 12:10 PM
    Strange that it doesn't rotate, and it doesn't let the slider close all the way. I just picked up an otterbox case as well and mine closes all the way and the screen still rotates. I did however, notice that my screen seems to wobble now when it didnt do it the first 2 days I've had the phone. I just got the phone on wednesday, and the case thursday night.
    04-27-12 03:09 PM
    I have an Otterbox Commuter on mine, and the screen rotates just fine, and keyboard opens and closes with no problem. Hmmmm...
    04-27-12 03:20 PM
    There are numerous reasons not to use the otterbox on the 9810 or 9800...
    04-27-12 03:50 PM
    I had a similar issue with a cheap plastic case I purchased off Ebay. With the case on the Torch, the screen would not rotate. The slider did fully close, so that is not the cause of rotating not working. I've yet to figure out what the problem was.

I've since switch to aAGF GRT case and rotating works fine.
    newcollector likes this.
    04-27-12 03:50 PM
    It's true that some cases will affect how the torch works. When I had the otterbox, it would freeze the entire phone. So replaced that with a cheapo one from the mall, and that one affected the screen rotation. I now have the Incipio Feather lite, and so far rotation works as well as no freeze, and it's pretty sturdy.

Idk...the Torch wasn't made for cases, me thinks....
    04-27-12 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD