Is it just me or is RIM getting cheap? My first BB was a 9700 and came with a nice holder - I thought all BB's do. But not the 9810. Just want to make sure I'm not alone!
    CrownIsle likes this.
    09-01-11 01:13 PM
    You are correct, the 9800 and 9810 do not come with holsters. However you can go to BestBuy and get a Platinum case and holster that is made by Seidio for about half the Seidio Innocase Surface Combo price. The 9900 does come with a holster but there is a thread that this holster mars the phones screen. I think what comes with a phone is more a carrier issue than RIM related.
    09-01-11 01:24 PM
    Is it just me or is RIM getting cheap? My first BB was a 9700 and came with a nice holder - I thought all BB's do. But not the 9810. Just want to make sure I'm not alone!
    You can get the OEM holster that you would have expected to come with the 9810 for $10 from Amazon (or you can get the OEM leather pocket for the same price). Tack it on to the $49 you paid for the 9810 -- you still got a deal.
    09-01-11 01:56 PM
    I bought the OEM holster and I'm happy with it. The construction seems flimsy compared to the holster for the 9700 though but it gets the job done!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 03:45 PM
    I bought the OEM holster and I'm happy with it. The construction seems flimsy compared to the holster for the 9700 though but it gets the job done!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is flimsy -- several ply of cardboard in between a thin sheet of embossed leather and a thin microfiber lining. This all peeled apart at the top corners of my 9800 leather pocket (identical to the holster save for the clip and strap), so I bought a new one when I got the 9810.
    09-01-11 04:08 PM
    Still using the OEM pocket pouch I bought for the 9800. Still holding together just fine. No fraying, no peeling apart or anything. Might just pick up another, just in case.
    09-01-11 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD