It sounds ridiculous but whenever I put my blackberry 9800 in this new plastic case i've bought it just stops working.

I can get to the messages screen but when i try to use any of the hard buttons they're completely unresponsive. The touch screen buttons will work.
    It keeps happening - sometimes 7 or 8 times in a couple of hours and I've obviously stopped using the case. The only way to fix it is to take the battery out. It's driving me bonkers!

Can anyone think of a reason why this would be? It's a plastic case, not too tight and has no magnets or any metal parts..
    09-03-11 12:40 PM
    Is this case pinching on any of the hardware buttons?
    09-03-11 02:01 PM
    it doesnt look like it. but that might be the problem because since i took the case off yesterday it's been absolutely fine...
    09-04-11 12:59 PM
    that happend to my phone, well something like that...my phone was acting wierd already i dont know if it was bc it fell from my hands while i was walking or if it was bc of the new os update i did, i updated the os like 3 times bc i was so desperate....the touch screen wouldnt work and i was so mad...i pretty much was just using the buttons and keyboard...i order lots of my cases on ebay so i have like 20, different ones and i saw they had the soft tpu cases so i order like 5 in different colors...and i put it on my torch and errrrr...i couldnt use the buttons orrrrr the touch screen so i was so mad so frustated....my friend at my lunch tried the soft tpu case i had to her blackberry torch and it didnt give her any problems...i was so upset...while i was eating thinking what to do at home...again my torch fell on the floor...i was so scare my blackberry was dead....but it actually fix the problem...since then i havent had any problems with my blackberry (only battery problems that i already fix not related to this problem)... thats just my experience i dont advise u to throw ur blackberry :/ ....
    09-04-11 08:20 PM
    forgot to mention that when i will remove the soft case after seeing how my blackberry was unresponsive, it wouldnt work still neither the touch screen or the buttons so i had to also do a battery pull so it would work without the case or with my old hardcase again...blackberrys are wierd...i hope u find a solution to ur problem...good luck
    09-04-11 08:26 PM
    Its usually because the case is pressing onto the lock button, causing a massive amount of weirdness and lock/unlock requests. It was common with the otterbox cases and cases that had a tight fit at the top.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-05-11 at 01:42 PM.
    09-04-11 09:10 PM
    I had the same problem when I got the otter box case. I'm not sure what case you got? I just took mine back to the store. I think there were some issues with the older cases. The gave me a new one, and has worked fine for the last 6 months.
    09-04-11 09:11 PM
    I had the same problem. Turns out the area near the lock button is being held down by your new case. Take a small blade of your pocket knife and carefully make the area surrounding the lock button bigger. (Without the BB in the case).

Good luck and hopefully this will work for you,.
    09-05-11 05:40 AM
    thanks sooo much i literally thought i was being crazy, i think ill try chopping it up a bit or just buying a new one as it only cost about 3 quid. thank you!
    09-07-11 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD