If you're looking for a case for your 9700 read the following first:
    Kudos to OtterBox for not only having a great product but over the top customer service as well. Locking tab on my defender case broke after months of use so I gave them a call to see about getting a new holster. They told me that they would ship me a new one at no charge. Got a package from them today sent priority mail. They didn't just send a holster but a whole new case as well. Thanks OtterBox, gotta love a company that takes care of their customers like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 08:08 PM
    Congrats! I've heard nothing but great service from otterbox.

On a side note, did you have to show proof of purchase, or just a picture of your broken case?
    01-18-11 08:38 PM
    They do have top notch CS!
    01-18-11 08:44 PM
    Congrats! I've heard nothing but great service from otterbox.

On a side note, did you have to show proof of purchase, or just a picture of your broken case?
    I never had to show any because i was in their system as a registered purchaser.

They are usually really good with this stuff... they replaced my defender on my 8130.

Waiting for someone to link the post of the semi that drove over a 9700 and it lived.
    01-18-11 08:45 PM
    I'll bite:

Otterbox tested to the max!!! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by felix1522; 01-18-11 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Link no worky. :/
    01-18-11 10:01 PM
    I have an OB as well & I love it.

01-19-11 02:06 AM
    I have the pink and white Commuter Strength series and I have to admit that it's an awesome case. Just last weekend our 180 lb newfoundland dog grabbed my BB off the counter and while chasing him down I honestly thought the BB would be toast. After the dog slober, it only had one little mark near the top. I was shocked.
    01-19-11 06:31 AM
    I don't have one of those cases, i'm very careful with my 9700, only dropped it a few times (off the chair or bed), it's still in good shape to say the most. I wonder if they'll be making defender cases that fit the aftermarket non-OEM extended batteries and those backings that come with them. IF they do, then i'll be getting one.

01-19-11 11:07 PM
    I tried out many cases ever since i bought my 9700 a year an half ago. Starting with the OEM skin which wasn't really a case at all, then to the iSkin and found it to be just a pain taking it off and on to do battery pulls, and then the OB commuter which I still use. I love this case. Adds a lot of protection and not a lot of bulk. Otterbox FTW!
    01-20-11 11:43 AM
    C.S. like no other company I've ever dealt with.

I have been dealing with them for about 3 years. Started with the Defender for my CURVE 8310 and now I have my BOLD 9700 locked in a Defender. I have used the warranty ALOT for my 9700 though. Enough that I told the last lady I talked to that I felt bad about calling them so much. The 9700 holster keeps breaking at the side arms. I've even had the actual case break at the side dots that the arms attach to. I won't use anything else though. As long as they keep making good on the warranty, I will continue to use their products.
    01-20-11 02:45 PM
    I have used a lot of cases/pouches over the years and must admit that OtterBox is hands down the BEST out there today. The gel skins are,well,gel skins and evertime I tried one it picked up lint and whatever else was in my pocket. I used the Defender for a while and thought it was a little bulky for my taste but offered great protection and if I worked outside I would use it for certain. I use the Commuter and find it to be the best. I wish OB made a holster for it though but found that the Precision Modification holster that comes as a combo with their pastic case works fine. Plus it gives you the option of changing the case if you want a different look as well.

01-20-11 06:19 PM
    I have to agree with all of the above. The plastic case on my Commuter cracked where it wraps over the top. If I didn't have to take it off so frequently for battery pulls, I don't think it would've happened. I emailed customer service and today I have a new Commuter on the way. I wish I knew they stood behind their product so well before I tossed my Defender when it broke. Oh well...

01-20-11 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD