I just replaced the housing on my Bold 9700. Now I'm having some trouble. I'm only getting 2 bars of EDGE in an area where I should be getting 6 bars of 3G. WiFi is working. My left side convenience key is not, and the camera flash isn't working either.

I'm concerned because there is a part that I don't know where it came from. It is gold, about the size of the tip of a ball point pen. I think this is connected to the cellular radio some how? I didn't see where this part came from.

With this particular housing I had to move the side buttons and micro-sd, headphone board manually.

The OEM housing that I took off had a square box looking thing that the new one does not. On the new housing I can see contacts through the spot where the old one was covered. There is also a contact of sorts at the top-right of the camera slot.

I'd be so appreciative of any help. I can probably figure the flash and side key on my own. Coverage is top priority.
    12-24-10 06:01 PM
    Thought I would mention that it looks like WiFi reception might not me quite as good as before.

Thoughts? Please?
    12-24-10 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD