I just ordered my BlackBerry OEM 9700 charging pod. It was $16 with 1 day shipping on amazon.com! Such a good deal. They have them for as low as $8.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 01:16 AM
    If it was low as $8, y did u pay $16...lol.?
    And u got a direct link for the pod?

02-10-10 01:23 AM
    $8 plus shipping at amazon, here is less than $12 shipped on ebay. i get mine in 4 days

BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700 CHARGING POD CHARGER DOCK CRADLE - eBay (item 220510060161 end time Feb-11-10 08:01:46 PST)
    02-10-10 02:38 AM
    really? my 9000 and 9700 doesnt seem to have any damage at all to the front bezel. Any drops?

he did paid an additional 8 bucks for the 1-day shipping. If he didnt, it would have been 12 bucks or so for the 5-7 days.
    02-10-10 03:05 AM
    no drops, no nothin, after 2-3 weeks every day putting in charging pod it's got scratched a little bit, you will see after a while prolly

haha that's true, and looks nice at desk
    02-10-10 03:50 AM
    I have been using the OEM pod for approx 2 mths and no scratches to-date.
    02-10-10 03:58 AM
    You know, my 8830WE had a VERY poor mini USB port. Sloppy and loose from day one, but it never "broke" for lack of a better word. I did see a few co-workers drop the phone off the side of thier desks and it would swing in mid air from the cable, or watch people jam or yank out the connector on an angle, but I tried hard to insert the thing square to the port and never had trouble.

The micro USB port on my 9700 is a different kettle of fish entirely. Tight, and solid. The connector "snicks" in nicely if you insert it properly. When trying to put it in from an angle, it resists. RIM probably strengthened the design, or at least thats my opinion.

Oh, I have a charging pod but only use it on weekends when I take my Otterbox off. No scuffs yet.
    02-10-10 05:52 AM
    Used a charging pod for 2 years on my 9000 and been using one with my 9700 since the device was released and no bezel problems at all here.
    02-10-10 06:04 AM
    I've used docks with my 8900 and 9700 now and no scratches. Perhaps you dropped yours before and now think the scuffs came from the dock?

02-10-10 07:45 AM
    I didn't see that $8 price until I paid for it and the order was processed. Buzzkill. I had a charging pod for my 9000 for a year and nothing went wrong. Like other people are saying, I'd rather have a little scratch than a usb port messed up.

02-10-10 07:54 AM
    what ac adapter do you have to buy to make this thing work? if this is a rim product are there thirdparty docks that are cheaper?
    02-10-10 09:01 AM
    Extreme pod use here since late November and no bezel damage whatsoever.
    02-10-10 09:32 AM
    what ac adapter do you have to buy to make this thing work? if this is a rim product are there thirdparty docks that are cheaper?
    Forget the 3rd party docks, the OEM works the best. You simply plug the USB charger into the back of the dock instead into the USB port on the side of your device.

This is a must have accessory for any Blackberry
    02-10-10 11:11 AM
    the seidio 3rd party dock is great! but thats because i use the innocase with it... lol the OEM dock would never work with the Innocase and the **** with taking the case of everynight

and for those that are saying "oh use a dock, or you'll wear out your USB port" total and other crap! RIM would not let a device out of R&D with issues like that. I have used i dont know how may BBs and have ALWAYS used the USB port for charging, even my current 9700 (until i got the dock 3 weeks ago), and i have NEVER had a single issue to speak of...

you are not going to wear it out... if you put the plug in wrong yes you can ruin the pins, but you are not going to wear it out from regular daily use of plugging it in and out.
    Last edited by C_86; 02-13-10 at 08:40 AM.
    02-10-10 11:18 AM
    Here is link selling charging pod for $8.95 with free domestic shipping. I already have one but some may find this useful.

Blackberry Bold 9700 Charging Pod - Batteries, Cases, Chargers, Headsets and Much More @ All4Cellular.com

Doc
    02-10-10 12:07 PM
    the seidio 3rd party dock is great! but thats because i use the innocase with it... lol the OEM dock would never work with the Innocase and the **** i'm taking the case of everynight

and for those that are saying "oh use a dock, or you'll wear out your USB port" total and other crap! RIM would not let a device out of R&D with issues like that. I have used i dont know how may BBs and have ALWAYS used the USB port for charging, even my current 9700 (until i got the dock 3 weeks ago), and i have NEVER had a single issue to speak of...

you are not going to wear it out... if you put the plug in wrong yes you can ruin the pins, but you are not going to wear it out from regular daily use of plugging it in and out.
    My ex gf's 8700 stopped charging yesterday because her usb port is broken. Tried two different chargers and neither of them charged.

02-10-10 12:13 PM
    I love my dock. Automatic bedside mode is awesome! I love not having to manually silence ringers/vib when I go sleepy!
    02-10-10 01:28 PM
    been using my charging pod for about 2 months now and no problems at all with it no marks at all from it.
    02-10-10 01:35 PM
    My ex gf's 8700 stopped charging yesterday because her usb port is broken. Tried two different chargers and neither of them charged.

8700 eh? how old is that device 5+ years now... after that amount of time yea i would expect something to wear out... anyways, i'm sure you got my point tho, not everyone buys docks, and if there was a USB wear out issue i'm sure it would be everywhere in complaints all over the place...
    02-11-10 08:34 AM
    i use the charging pod and have no scratches as well..
    02-11-10 11:43 AM
    $8 plus shipping at amazon, here is less than $12 shipped on ebay. i get mine in 4 days

BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700 CHARGING POD CHARGER DOCK CRADLE - eBay (item 220510060161 end time Feb-11-10 08:01:46 PST)
    thats who i bought my dock from at the same price and my dock showed up in 2 days.

I love the dock and my phone has no scratches from the dock on the bezel
    02-11-10 12:12 PM
    I've been using docks since my 8320. Didn't have a problem with scratches until my 8900. I always keep a skin or some type of case on it so I know its not from dropping it or anything. My opinion is that if you don't put it in the dock right, you will end up with a scratch on the bezel over time as i did with my 8900. Now with the 9700, i take a little more care when i put it on the dock. Definitely don't want an ugly long scratch on such a beautiful phone.
    02-11-10 04:02 PM
    I just ordered my new memory card, and I barely remembererd to look before I hit submit, and look what I found....

Newegg.com - Blackberry 9700 Bold 2 Charging pod (ASY-14396-011) - Cell Phone Accessories

I <3 NewEgg. Best Electronics Company Ever!!!!!!

I might add that as of right now, it's $10 + free shipping.
    02-12-10 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD