Hi Guys,

Having issues charging my 9700 with the Wall Charger which came with the phone.

When i plug in the charger in my phone, something really strange happens :

The screen continuously switches back & forth between the homescreen & clock (switches back & forth like 2 times in a second) & this is a continuous loop until i unplug the charger from the phone. The phone does not charge.

i tried charging the phone with my Nokia micro usb charger & with that the phone charges for few minutes & then automatically stops charging. The Power Sign on the Battery Strength Indicator will b there for few minutes initially, but will disappear automatically soon.

Finally i tried charging the phone via pc with the help of usb data cable & no problems. the phone charges without problems when connected with pc.

i m really concerned abt this issue. some1 please help.
    02-14-10 01:57 AM
    Your original equipment wall charger may be defective. There's nothing wrong with your phone if you can charge it via USB. I can't explain the behavior with the Nokia charger. It sounds like the phone is fully charged already.
    02-14-10 02:09 AM
    Your original equipment wall charger may be defective. There's nothing wrong with your phone if you can charge it via USB. I can't explain the behavior with the Nokia charger. It sounds like the phone is fully charged already.
    thanks a lot for the reply.

the battery was not fully charged though.

i'v connected the phone with the pc & the battery is still charging.
    02-14-10 02:13 AM
    What are the current and voltage specs on the Nokia charger? It should be 5VDC and 500mA or more current.
    02-14-10 02:20 AM
    What are the current and voltage specs on the Nokia charger? It should be 5VDC and 500mA or more current.
    alright, i'll check that..

Just found out, my 9700 Wall Charger is gone. when i plugged in my Nokia ph, same thing happens s it's happening with 9700 (explained in my first post).

Got to get the wall charger replaced.

Thanks a lot @JeffH for the help. Really appreciate it.
    Last edited by abhinavsg; 02-14-10 at 02:25 AM. Reason: correction made
    02-14-10 02:24 AM
    just a bit of advice, do not get an aftermarket charger, pay the couple of extra bucks and get the OEM if youre not going to turn it in as a warranty defect. its been my experience that some non OEM chargers dont play well with BlackBerries
    02-14-10 09:46 AM
    I would also seriously look into getting the charging dock. It creates alot less wear on the USB connection and make charging the phone as simple as dropping your phone into the charger. They are less than $15-20 and are well worth it. I have one for the bedroom dresser for night and keep one at the office. Nice when you get a call you simply pick up the phone rather than having to remove the charger cord.
    02-14-10 10:05 AM
    just a bit of advice, do not get an aftermarket charger, pay the couple of extra bucks and get the OEM if youre not going to turn it in as a warranty defect. its been my experience that some non OEM chargers dont play well with BlackBerries
    I'll have to buy a Wall Charger & Ofcourse I'll buy an OEM 1. Charger is related to Power & I dont wanna screw up my device.
    Thanks for your comments.

I would also seriously look into getting the charging dock. It creates alot less wear on the USB connection and make charging the phone as simple as dropping your phone into the charger. They are less than $15-20 and are well worth it. I have one for the bedroom dresser for night and keep one at the office. Nice when you get a call you simply pick up the phone rather than having to remove the charger cord.
    Really smart idea. You'v convinced me on the Charging Pod, I m goin for it. Thanks a lot for your comments.
    02-14-10 10:59 AM
    good deal, youre more than welcome
    02-14-10 02:09 PM
    I'v got an OEM Nokia 5V DC & 890mA charger, think it should serve the purpose. Or do i buy a Blackberry OEM Charger ??
    02-15-10 06:49 AM
    we"re only talking $6 on ebay, if it were me I would only use the OEM for my Berry
    02-15-10 07:04 AM
    we"re only talking $6 on ebay, if it were me I would only use the OEM for my Berry
    it's not the price. it's poor availability of BB Products & Accessories in my area. I'v to get one from another city. That's the big problem. Mind you, shopping on the Net is not very popular in India. Till I get a BB Charger, I have to use this Nokia Charger OR get my BB charged via PC.
    02-15-10 07:08 AM
    I'v got an OEM Nokia 5V DC & 890mA charger, think it should serve the purpose. Or do i buy a Blackberry OEM Charger ??
    As long as the connector is physically compatible it should work fine.
    02-15-10 09:01 AM
    As long as the connector is physically compatible it should work fine.
    Great. Thanks a lot for all the clarifications. U'v been very kind.

In fact I also wanna take this opprotunity to thank everybody else how has helped me with this issue. I really appreciate the help extended to me.
    Last edited by abhinavsg; 02-18-10 at 10:39 AM.
    02-18-10 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD