I have had to buy another charger as the one that come with the phone doesnt work, to get it to work i have to push the charger against the wall as the slide on bit isnt touching the metal bits of the charger.

Did anyone else have this trouble?
    05-04-10 02:20 AM
    If the charger is faulty - and it sounds like it is - then take it back to point of purchase and ask them to replace it. I dont think it is a common fault.
    05-04-10 02:49 AM
    Also it might be worth getting the charging pod.just slip it in and there you go its starts charging

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 03:16 AM
    Hi Byr0n, I've had & am still having the same problem as you, initially I thought it might me the Phone but turns out you're right it was a problem with the charger. I could see the little yellow lightning bolt come on & after a few minutes it would disappear again. Solved the issue by using the charger for the wife's HTC HD2.
    05-04-10 04:05 AM
    Hi Byr0n, I've had & am still having the same problem as you, initially I thought it might me the Phone but turns out you're right it was a problem with the charger. I could see the little yellow lightning bolt come on & after a few minutes it would disappear again. Solved the issue by using the charger for the wife's HTC HD2.
    Looks like a common fault then if you are suffering aswell, i just bought another one off ebay, wasnt official just a copy cat one, i will look into the charging pod though
    05-04-10 05:28 AM
    Unfortunate. I have two and both work well. Just my opinion, I would be leery about using a non OEM charger on my 9700.
    05-04-10 06:04 AM
    I agree with Pilsbury, your 9700 is only like 7 months old, your OEM charger is under warranty.

Go to your point of purchase and get a new one.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 07:03 AM
    Yeah they are very flimsy.
    05-04-10 07:07 AM
    my charger works great

got a cradle recently too... very slick... great for bedside as it's like a clock
    05-04-10 08:14 AM
    Perhaps the outlet itself is at fault? Try plugging into a power strip instead. the charger will sit flush against the strip allowing the prongs to be fully inserted.
    05-04-10 08:58 AM
    my charger works great

got a cradle recently too... very slick... great for bedside as it's like a clock
    Same, my charger works fine and I have the OEM dock, which is very sleek looking :P
    05-04-10 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD