01-23-10 12:53 AM
90 1234
tools
    I pre-ordered the Sena flip case. No screen protector needed since it has a flip cover. The cover is held magnetically, so it is no hassle to open. The cover has an additional magnet so the phone can act as "holstered". It has a ratchet clip, which is how I used my old Sena case. The advantage of the flip case is the cover ampliflies the sound, kind of like cupping your hand. The cover also blocks extraneous sound, so it really improves the voice quality.

There are two bugs with the case. First, the metal "knob" that interfaces with the ratchet can wiggle loose. I solved this by using a dab of low strength Locktite. The other bug is the ratchet is a wear item. This is not unique to Sena. The ratchet won't get worn enough for the phone to come off, but it will wear to the point where the phone rotates to freely. I bought a spare ratchet when I ordered the new case. It takes about 2 years for the ratchet to get loose, so one spare is good enough. In 4 years, you will have a new phone. Odds are the old case won't fit.

If you search the internet, you will find a discount code for Sena. It is 20%, which is significant considering the cost of a Sena case. The spare ratchet

Mine has shipped yesterday, so you shouldn't need to pre-order.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 05:12 PM
    Darn. I got a phone call during that message and left one sentence half done. The ratchet costs about $7. I tried to find a cheaper source with no luck. I actually bought two since I will ebay off my old case and didn't want to sell it with a loose clip.

01-07-10 05:15 PM
    I've had two cases. One cheap white, two piece one. Broke within 3 days. Then I rocked a black silicone case for a while. Didn't like it much as I had problems taking the phone out of my jeans pocket.
    I've ordered an Epik Skin. Should be here next week. Ordered purple by mistake but I don't mind. =]
    01-07-10 05:28 PM
    I love silicone case for decent protection with nice low profile. However, I found Otterbox Commuter to provide gr8t protection, yet does not add too muck bulk and keep the low profile.

At first the plastic does not help with yhe grip. I found it to be a little bit slippery. But, after a few weeks, I get used to it. Although a little bit of rubber traction to the plastic part would give this thing 5 stars rating IMHO.

From now on, my next BB will always get the love from Otterbox case.
    01-07-10 06:32 PM
    Here is my case.

Similar to casemate but no screen protector. Bought it for approx 12USD in Singapore.
    anybody wants this casing? Please PM me. I got a couple of spares available.

01-07-10 10:15 PM
    I'm anxiously awaiting iSkin to release their 9700 cases. I've been able to get a response that at least they're in the works, but they're not giving any dates or details.
    01-07-10 10:51 PM
    I think it all depends on what kind of wear and tear you're looking to do preventative care over. If you're going to keep it in your pocket and don't plan to take it on a mountainbike trail or something serious, you might want an Invisible Shield (free replacements for life). But, if you are carrying your phone and doing serious activity or are accident-prone, you might want an Otterbox. I have one for when I hit the trails or the gym and it is super impact resistant. Your BB will most likely remain blemish-free, even if you do cream it on some cement.
    01-08-10 12:50 AM
    is there one thats a swivel belt clip with the case? not a holster tho. like similar to ones for the 8320 like posted below?
    01-11-10 12:58 AM
    I have a Epik and it's great! I also ordered a Otterbox Defender and a Noreve leather case which should be here by the end of the month.
    01-11-10 04:44 AM
    I just got my 9700 not too long ago and was looking at the Seidio Innocase 360 since it covers the entire phone....

Does anyone know if that's a good case to get?
    01-11-10 05:43 AM
    Vaja Cases are pretty damn good as well!
    01-11-10 10:01 PM
    i bought vaja for my curve 8900 and i really dissapointed in them.
    im very pleased with beyzacases though.
    01-11-10 10:16 PM
    i bought vaja for my curve 8900 and i really dissapointed in them.
    im very pleased with beyzacases though.
    Why? What was wrong with it?
    I had one for an iPhone it was great, I know like 3 people that have it for their BlackBerry's and its great and mine for the 9700 is really good as well..
    01-11-10 10:23 PM
    Why? What was wrong with it?
    I had one for an iPhone it was great, I know like 3 people that have it for their BlackBerry's and its great and mine for the 9700 is really good as well..
    which one you have for your 9700 ??? i ordered on very first day Vaja started making cases for 9700 (not pouches) it was around Dec 18-20 last year and I'm still waiting, i had vaja cases for my 8700, 8830, 9000, and now can't wait to get for 9700, they great but they love scratches, get s very easy all those scuffs and scratches which i think is normal for leather, but the one for my wife's iPhone got totally unusable in like 5 months, all those clued parts where apart, i think i will sent to Cecilia (customer Service) about it, lets see what is gonna happen
    01-11-10 11:52 PM
    Lovin my 9700 case-mate hybrid!

01-11-10 11:54 PM
    which one you have for your 9700 ??? i ordered on very first day Vaja started making cases for 9700 (not pouches) it was around Dec 18-20 last year and I'm still waiting, i had vaja cases for my 8700, 8830, 9000, and now can't wait to get for 9700, they great but they love scratches, get s very easy all those scuffs and scratches which i think is normal for leather, but the one for my wife's iPhone got totally unusable in like 5 months, all those clued parts where apart, i think i will sent to Cecilia (customer Service) about it, lets see what is gonna happen
    I ordered the one with the strip of leather.. The one which has the LED indicator gap. Just received it today, pretty good. Ordered mine on 1st December and just received it, so not too bad!
    Good luck with yours!

01-11-10 11:58 PM
    I ordered the one with the strip of leather.. The one which has the LED indicator gap. Just received it today, pretty good. Ordered mine on 1st December and just received it, so not too bad!
    Good luck with yours!

oh i see, the one just like pouch right? not iVolution case ? wow on 1st and already got ?? lucky you !!! they are known as minimum 1 month or more to be wait, good for you !!!
    01-12-10 12:02 AM
    Good luck with yours!

oops just noticed that your order was placed on Dec 1st not on Jan sorry. Yes i know on that time was only available pouches for 9700
    01-12-10 12:05 AM
    Capdase!

01-12-10 12:28 AM
    I just got my 9700 not too long ago and was looking at the Seidio Innocase 360 since it covers the entire phone....

Does anyone know if that's a good case to get?
    I'd pass on the 360 and get the Innocase II. My sister had the 360 for her 8900 and the keyboard kept bubbling up and she had it replaced 3 times and it kept doing it.

01-12-10 12:50 AM
    I am using the Epik case and its awesome! If anyone wants one, PM me. I have a few black and white/clear available for $7 each.
    01-12-10 12:51 AM
    i bought vaja for my 8900 and it takes way too long to made
    and the quality is not so good, it a little bit slanted on the screen part, and after about 1 month the colour seems to get "dull"
    ill post pictures later, it s the most expensive case that i ever bought and im totally not happy with it.
    01-12-10 01:49 AM
    just got the seidio innocase surface ii and love it. fits in the oem holster, does not add much thickness, velvet inside to prevent scratching, and looks great.

highly suggest.
    01-12-10 02:29 AM
    Capdase!

where can i get one of these??
    01-12-10 03:10 AM
    where can i get one of these??
    CAPDASE

There is one for the Curve 8900, can't seem to find one for the BlackBerry 9700... Surprising!
    01-12-10 09:15 AM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD