This is the first time it's happened and my phone is not damaged or anything. I'm able to charge it via USB but when I plug in the wall charger, the lightning bolt appears, yet it doesn't charge.

I've tried doing battery pulls with no avail, and I've also used up most of the battery until it has no radio signal and tried to plug it in again, and the same thing happened. I don't understand why it won't work...

I highly doubt my phone carrier will help me since it's been over a year so my warranty is over. It's just frustrating because I don't drop or throw/toss my phone and no one else touches it. I've had this device since March 2010 and I've had no problems with it up until now.
    06-21-11 12:30 AM
    Are you sure that the outlet you are using has power? Have you tried other outlets?

Have you tried a different charging cable?
    06-21-11 12:52 AM
    Thank you for your prompt reply! Yes, all of the outlets that I tried are working outlets. I don't have another blackberry wall charger to try, and I just have the USB as an alternative.
    06-21-11 10:00 AM
    If you have a multimeter, you can check the continuity of the cord on the wall charger. Electrical Tests | Common Repairs Made Easy!

The only other suggestion is to buy a new wall charger if you find the one you have has a broken wire, or if you are unable to test it.
    06-21-11 01:12 PM
    I don't have my hands on that, and my charger is not broken, nor does it have any exposed wires. It's odd, really. It's not like I throw my stuff around so it really puzzles me as to why it doesn't actually charge but it indicates that it does.
    06-22-11 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD