I recently purchased a Otterbox Defender for my Sprint Bold 9650. After installing it, I found that the top icons on the screen are cut off.. Anyone else seeing this issue? I've been a huge Otterbox fan, but this makes me not like 'em...

Comments?
    06-18-10 08:52 PM
    I have a commuter and it fits perfectly.
    I don't know how the defender is. It was to bulky for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 09:01 PM
    I have defender case and it fits very well
    06-18-10 09:20 PM
    Mine fits perfectly as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 11:05 PM
    I recently purchased a Otterbox Defender for my Sprint Bold 9650. After installing it, I found that the top icons on the screen are cut off.. Anyone else seeing this issue? I've been a huge Otterbox fan, but this makes me not like 'em...Comments?
    Mine does this as well. The overall fit is perfect, however. I find this not to be a very big issue. My buddy has a 9700 and the center piece that holds the screen protector down is suspended up and lets dust/lint onto the screen. I would not tolerate that.
    06-19-10 01:02 AM
    I recently purchased a Otterbox Defender for my Sprint Bold 9650. After installing it, I found that the top icons on the screen are cut off.. Anyone else seeing this issue? I've been a huge Otterbox fan, but this makes me not like 'em...

Comments?
    Mine obstructs perhaps the top two or three pixels from the very top edge of the screen, but it doesn't affect functionality at all.

I'm fine with it.
    06-19-10 12:03 PM
    My defender case does not block any of the screen.
    06-19-10 05:34 PM
    I also have the "Commuter" series and am extreemly happy with it!
    06-19-10 05:53 PM
    the defender did the same thing on the tour when i had it.i put it on the bold and it looks the exact same way.but i use a different theme that puts most of what i need at the bottom of the screen.
    06-19-10 06:08 PM
    i have the commuter and the USB plug was slightly off. i shaved off the plug portion that stickes inside the USB hole and it fits fine. i also had to enlarge the hole around the USB hole to allow the charger to fully insert.
    06-20-10 10:16 AM
    If you guys are having issues I would strongly suggest emailing or calling Otterbox. They have great customer service will work to correct the issue. Problem with mass producing items - not every one of them will be EXACT unfortunately.

They should have no problem exchanging this for you. Since others have used it with no issues, I would give another one a shot.
    06-20-10 10:19 AM
    I will be getting the 9650 on Tues to replace my Tour. I have the Defender for the Tour and had the same issue - the top of the screen was slightly covered by the case. I took drastic action and used a dremel sanding wheel to buzz off some of the plastic near the top of the screen, carefully protecting the clear plastic of the screen protector - it was a "daunting" challenge but worked. But I think calling them might be the better way to go.

I've read that the 9650's usb port is slightly relocated - I was hoping that I could use my Tour Defender for a bit (working around the trackball/pad opening) but maybe not.
    06-20-10 10:47 AM
    I will be getting the 9650 on Tues to replace my Tour. I have the Defender for the Tour and had the same issue - the top of the screen was slightly covered by the case. I took drastic action and used a dremel sanding wheel to buzz off some of the plastic near the top of the screen, carefully protecting the clear plastic of the screen protector - it was a "daunting" challenge but worked. But I think calling them might be the better way to go.

I've read that the 9650's usb port is slightly relocated - I was hoping that I could use my Tour Defender for a bit (working around the trackball/pad opening) but maybe not.
    Have a tour Defender on my Bold and didn't modify anything..USB port was not an issue. Try it and I think your in business
    06-20-10 10:54 AM
    Does no one like the impact series? I have ordered 4 different cases for my bold. A red silicone, a case mate smart skin, a black hard shell, and a otterbox impact. The otterbox impact hasnt come yet, but this hard shell case is amazing. When i had the storm 1 all of my hard cases would never fit perfectly. There would always be a loose piece, this case is perfect and is like rubberized. Its great.
    06-20-10 11:23 AM
    Have a tour Defender on my Bold and didn't modify anything..USB port was not an issue. Try it and I think your in business
    Hey, thanks. I was hoping that it would fit other than the trackxxx area. Someone mentioned the usb port was altered but I've not seen one myself. The key- membrane might also be slightly embossed wrong (maybe I could prevail on Otter to send one for the Bold) Tues is when he said it should be here since I called Sat evening. Got no tracking number or any confirmation code so I hope I'm really in business. And, too, I hope that the 9650 was not a misplaced jump in any direction.
    06-20-10 11:48 AM
    When held at a certain angle the defender case does cut off a few pixels. I was frustrated at first, but I'm over it now. It is still the most durable case on the market and the fit has improved a lot compared to the 8330 case I previously used.
    06-20-10 03:51 PM
    I have contacted Otterbox, Yes, they are willing to ship me another case, but when received, it fits the same exact way... I emailed them asking about the issue and no personal response.. My wife's 8530 Defender, fits GREAT! the case is great, but I feel that otterbox is not willing to form the case to fit exactly, then that is to their disadvantage. I understand that these items are massed produced, but just feel that the attention to detail on this case, makes it useless to me.. Even by reading the otterbox vs. Siedo case posting on CB, they are close competition, and a design flaw as mentioned could be the detail breaker for them..

Maybe I expect too much from otterbox???
    06-20-10 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD