I received my Otterbox Commuter case in the mail today for my Blackberry Bold 9650 & I absolutely LOVE it!!! I purchased it from eBay for only $22 to save a little money but the only hard part was the wait!

The seller was great! I received the package and inside was the original OEM Otterbox packaging, and it looked like it had never been touched before! A++

It said it was specifically for the 9650 which made me feel a lot better. Once I put it on, I loved how it felt and hugged the phone very snug and every port and hole lined up perfectly with the outlets and buttons. I really like how the silicone case is on the inside and the hard case is on the outside. I actually wish the case had a little bit more of the hard shell on it because when I put it in my pocket, a LITTLE bit of stuff still sticks to the edges of the silicone but not enough to make me want to take it off! I feel like it really secures the phone and protects it maximumly. The only part I'm not used to yet is taking off the hard piece because I'm scared that I am going to break it whenever I go to bend it and take it off.

I've never used an Otterbox before (I previously had the 8330) so I'm not sure how these plugs that plug into the headphone jack and the USB port hold up or whether with time, they begin to slowly rip away from the case or possibly rip off, anyone had any experience with that?

The only part that is somewhat aggravating is the plug that goes into the USB port sometimes doesn't fit as snuggly as the one that goes into the headset jack. I figured since I charge my phone way more than I plug headphones into it, that with time it may not fit as snuggly as a brand new Otterbox. Again, any experience in that area?

I think it was WELL worth the money I paid for it. Even at retailing pricing, it is a top notch case! It does not feel like it adds any bulk whatsoever to the device. If anything, it feels like it makes it a little more securely to the hand and doesn't make me feel like I'm going to drop it as easily. Also, the screen protector that came with it is completely amazing. No bubbles at all. I previously bought a Case-Mate Barely There case for my iPod Touch & a screen protector that was identical came with it. I was going to buy one for my phone because I was so impressed with how well it fit on there. It is not flimsy nor could rip easily. It has just enough thickness to hold it's own. I think this is going to be one of the most popular cases for this phone.

I will miss my clip/holster though. Does anyone know if the Seidio Innocase Holster will securely fit the Bold with the Commuter on it?

Hope this helps some of you who are deciding to buy one!! [Sorry, the pictures are not the best!] Feel free to add any comments or pictures of your own on here!

A+++++

09-01-10 05:27 PM
    as far as the charging port goes check this thread out- http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/fyi...r-case-502350/
    09-01-10 05:53 PM
    I actually read that right before I did my post.

So, are all of the Commuter's like that?

Sometimes it will fit just right but others it will just kind of sit out a little bit. & also, the more you unplug it to be able to charge your phone, does the wear on it over time make the fit not as snug?

as far as the charging port goes check this thread out- http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/fyi...r-case-502350/
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 06:07 PM
    I actually read that right before I did my post.

So, are all of the Commuter's like that?

Sometimes it will fit just right but others it will just kind of sit out a little bit. & also, the more you unplug it to be able to charge your phone, does the wear on it over time make the fit not as snug?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I can't speak to that as I am waiting until they fix the issue to purchase mine
    09-01-10 06:13 PM
    I really am interested in purchasing this now. Especially if I can get it for 22 bucks.
    09-01-10 06:18 PM
    I can't speak to that as I am waiting until they fix the issue to purchase mine
    Well, I needed something good for my phone. I already had a little ding on it from dropping it on the cement by the pool. Thankfully, it wasn't from me standing up to the ground but nonetheless I wanted to prevent any further damages! Plus, I like my phones looking new & this phone is too nice looking to let it get all beat up when it's definitely preventable. I wasn't aware of the issue before I bought it but I don't regret it at all. It's a small price to pay because I still really love it. Thank you though.
    09-01-10 06:23 PM
    I really am interested in purchasing this now. Especially if I can get it for 22 bucks.
    $22.69 to be exact. I don't think you'll argue over the 69 extra cents though, haha. Free shipping & no tax also! I noticed this seller has sold the majority of them on eBay which I always look at because if the numbers are up, people must be pleased! I definitely recommend it. I wanted to prevent further damage on my phone because the silver piece that lines the front of the phone dings & scratches so easily!
    09-01-10 06:25 PM
    OH yeah, btw here's the link to where I got mine from:

*OTTERBOX COMMUTER CASE BLACKBERRY BOLD 9650 - eBay (item 200504983456 end time Sep-03-10 20:47:14 PDT)

Hope it's of some help. Good luck.
    09-01-10 06:26 PM
    Also $21.99 at Newegg with free shipping (if you want to avoid using Ebay).

You have to add it to your cart to see the discounted pricing.

Newegg.com - Otter Box RBB4-9650S-20-C5OTR Black Commuter Series Case For BlackBerry Bold 9650

I bought mine from them too.
    09-02-10 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD