Is this the same as sitting in a base charger. ?
    03-06-11 12:52 PM
    No, it is not.

The "in Holster" function will only activate when it senses the magnet which will in result put the BB in sort of a sleep mode. Some belt clips and holsters have the magets to allow the BB to swithc its screen off for battery saving
    03-06-11 12:55 PM
    Thanks. Is there an App that can change ringers when put in or on charge
    03-06-11 12:59 PM
    Not that I'm aware of, but maybe someone on these forums can enlighten you and me both.
    03-06-11 01:01 PM
    Didn't realize you'd made two threads; here's my reply from your other one:

Unless the charger is putting the device in sleep mode or the holster is charging, no. "in holster" refers to the standard BlackBerry holster with a magnet that tells the device to sleep and change profile settings according to the current profile's "in holster" settings.

You can simulate "in holster" with a base charger by going into Profiles and creating a profile for when you place the device in the base, and from Bedside Mode settings set it to activate when that happens. Alternatively you can adjust Bedside Mode's default profile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 03:22 PM
    Thanks. Is there an App that can change ringers when put in or on charge
    Not that I'm aware of, but maybe someone on these forums can enlighten you and me both.
    Az, I'm shocked. I've seen you reply to threads and your answers are usually so complete I don't feel the need to add to them - what happened here?

Bedside Mode is this magical app y'all seek. >.<

03-06-11 03:27 PM
    Well a charger also charges the phone, the holster is used to save the battery and look cool.

04-12-11 09:34 PM
    Hey. I use a holster and my daughter said I look like a dork. What kind of holster do YOU have?

BTW, I'm apparently not a dork when she needs a ride or some money. Funny how that works.

skyboxer likes this.
    04-12-11 10:07 PM
    I wear my holster on my jeans pocket when I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt. It's just a safe place to put my phone where it won't get beat up.
    04-13-11 01:00 PM
    Az, I'm shocked. I've seen you reply to threads and your answers are usually so complete I don't feel the need to add to them - what happened here?

Bedside Mode is this magical app y'all seek. >.<

Yes!!! I use bedside mode every night, it's a great little feature

Hey. I use a holster and my daughter said I look like a dork. What kind of holster do YOU have?

BTW, I'm apparently not a dork when she needs a ride or some money. Funny how that works.

HaHa...well said. I don't think it's dorky, I use it
    04-13-11 02:23 PM
    I've never used a holster OR bedside mode.
    04-13-11 09:00 PM
    It's not the same thing. I use a leather holster with the sleep function.
    04-13-11 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD