i picked up the otterbox today for my storm...so far im 100% content with it, other than it seems a bit hard to hear someone during a call.

is this normal?
    09-27-09 10:37 PM
    That is indeed a common problem with this particular case. I encountered the same thing (as did a bunch of members on this forum), and now I just use my device naked.
    09-27-09 10:43 PM
    Is yours a newer one. Meaning is the screen protector sealed on all four sides or just top and bottom?
    I bought the defender a while back and it wasn't very functional and it was hard to hear a caller.
    Not long after they redid it and the new model is perfect. It may be a little harder to hear but not much.
    Hope I wasn't too confusing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 10:46 PM
    i picked up the otterbox today for my storm...so far im 100% content with it, other than it seems a bit hard to hear someone during a call.

is this normal?
    Ive had the otterbox for all my berries (Curve, Storm, Tour) and I have returned them all because of audio issues. Bottom line, unless you work on a construction site, or throw your phone against the wall three times a day, probably not worth the investment, go with a hard case and screen protectors.
    09-27-09 10:48 PM
    Ive had the otterbox for all my berries (Curve, Storm, Tour) and I have returned them all because of audio issues. Bottom line, unless you work on a construction site, or throw your phone against the wall three times a day, probably not worth the investment, go with a hard case and screen protectors.
    I do work in construction, the audible issue is not that bad. i dont believe i'll be returning it for that. i can still hear, just not as well...but its somewhat expected as there are 2 more layers between the device and my ear. im assuming its an older model? the membrane over the screen is attached at the top and bottom. i bought it new from a wireless acc. dealer, which means nothing really lol
    09-27-09 10:54 PM
    Which one did you get. I have both but like the commuter case the best

09-28-09 07:18 AM
    the defender
    09-28-09 07:29 AM
    I don't have any problems hearing calls using my Defender at all.
    09-28-09 07:51 AM
    its not that bad...its just noticeable...not something i cant live with. i was just curious if there was a piece i didnt take off or something.
    09-28-09 07:59 AM
    I don't have any problems hearing calls using my Defender at all.
    Same here, especially running .230.
    09-28-09 08:02 AM
    maybe im partially deaf and do not know it
    09-28-09 08:03 AM
    Same here, especially running .230.
    Same here. I almost got rid of my defender; then .230 dropped and now all is good =)

09-28-09 11:16 AM
    There is a noticeable issue with the storm and the ottebox defender but its livable.

And for the op the new one is attached at the top and bottom only.

09-28-09 01:36 PM
    And as far as just working construction to have to have an otterbox? Not the case! My main reason for going to one was due to a dust under the screen issue. After my third storm warranty return for dust under my screen I got one and so far so good no dust !!!

09-28-09 01:39 PM
    I use the Otterbox defender on my Storm and I have no issues with hearing calls. I work in a noisy enviroment too, and no complaints. Besides this case has saved my phone at least 3 times so far.

Otterbox rocks, and their customer service is outstanding.
    09-28-09 02:54 PM
    Maybe a little off topic, but does the belt clip for the Otterbox Defender have the sleep magnet in it?
    09-28-09 04:52 PM
    Yes it does

09-28-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD