I am overseas and use two sim cards...VZW/Voda to access internet/email/etc and a local sim card w/ local phone number for phone calls.

How I ended up here - I can't see making phone calls on the VZW card at $3 a minute when I can make calls for $.20 on the local card.

Current problem - Devising a way to carry both...while, key part, cutting down on bulk.

Possible Solution - I have seen some sim card carriers, i.e. wallet style that carry three or more, but nothing with just one. A case with a slick little place to stick an extra sim card would be epic. Otherwise, I will continue to google around until I can find a case that holds just one and maybe attaches to my key ring or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    03-12-10 03:27 PM
    Get a silicone skin, and just put it behind it. Or just fold a business card in half, put SIM in and store in your wallet. I've never seen a case to do this, there are some that can double as a wallet. That's kind of a bulky way to do it though.
    03-12-10 03:35 PM
    Get a silicone skin, and just put it behind it. Or just fold a business card in half, put SIM in and store in your wallet. I've never seen a case to do this, there are some that can double as a wallet. That's kind of a bulky way to do it though.
    Temporary fix achieved - threw it behind the battery door almost on top of the other sim card.

With everything else folks were throwing back there to help screen clicks, improve color banding and motivate OS leaks to fall from the sky, what's the worst that could happen...

What, me worry?
    03-12-10 05:38 PM
    When is was preparing for a recent skiing vacation, I ran into the same problem. Only it was with an extra micro SD card to carry more music, video, etc. It's definitely kind of ghetto, but I'd did rig something up. I took about an inch long piece of scotch tape. Then I took about a half inch long piece and put it in the middle of the other, sticky to sticky, making sure to leave some adhesive exposed on the bottom of the longer piece. I then put that on the outside of the battery compartment door. It then forms a perfect little pocket and doesn't interfere with it sliding into the dock. I always use a little silicone skin too. There is definitely a little bulge through the skin, but not too bad.... Like I said.... Ghetto.

I'll try and post pics tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 11:43 PM
    Awesome idea. I combined the two solutions (hybrid?) and made your tape pocket on my battery (for my microSD, but I imagine it would work just as well for a SIM.) I have to pop my door off to get to it, but I would have had to do that to swap it anyway. I'll never go to Canada without a prepaid Rogers SIM on hand again.
    03-13-10 05:37 AM
    Here they are...

Last edited by b51; 03-13-10 at 06:31 PM.
    03-13-10 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD