I have a new 8900 with the Seidio 2600 battery and I am looking for some kind of protective
    case. I already have a holster but I worry that my phone will get damaged I am a SWAT
    team commander and I am required to have my phone on me during entrys. Seidio
    said they hav e no plans to make a Innocase 2 or 360 for the 8900 with their extended
    batttery like I had with my 8310. Anybody else have any other ideas.

Your help is greatly appreciated my fellow Crack-heads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 02:04 PM
    I use the Fortte flipcase. It's not a hard case, but it's made of tough leather, so it still offers good protection. Flip cover makes phone quickly accessible without removing it from case.

The phone fits with the extended battery, even though it's for a regular battery. Only problem is you can't access left convenience key.
    07-31-09 02:37 PM
    You could buy the innocase II and modify the back cover to go around the battery... other than that I think you are SOL!
    07-31-09 02:47 PM
    You could buy the innocase II and modify the back cover to go around the battery... other than that I think you are SOL!
    Have u tried that modification of the Innoicase ll? How would I go about modifying it? I'll try it if it'll work

07-31-09 04:00 PM
    No I have not cut one up.....lol

I can look at it later, but I am not cutting up my innocase.... Lol

07-31-09 04:04 PM
    I have not done this either but I would definitely suggest using a Dremmel.
    07-31-09 05:03 PM
    Thanks for the help friends. I'm researching the Fortte Flip Case and Seidio reps keep emailing me to tell me that they won't make an extended case for the 8900 but they assure me I would love any other product that doesn't fit my phone. HAHA. I'll post my findings here when I figure out what I'm gonna do. I like the idea of modifying a Innocase II with a Dremmel. You guys rock.
    07-31-09 06:43 PM
    Lol... Good luck.... I will look at it too when I get home.... To see if it is possible.

07-31-09 06:56 PM
    Well my friends... I just ordered the Fortte Leather Flip case without the belt clip attachment. It looks cool on line in the black antique leather. I just hope it slides nicely into my Rip-Off holster that fits onto my Tac Vest. It could take up to a month to get this case and I'll update when it arrives.
    ClintRo, feel free to cut up your Innocase II as an experiment and I'll name our next training campaign in your honor. LOL--- Thanks again for all your help guys. This is an amazing network of helpful, decent people.
    07-31-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD