Well upgraded my 8900 to the 9700 and while I did order the skin for the 9700. I did find that the skin for the 8900 does fit the 9700 sort off. At least this will hold me until I get the skin for the 9700. I put on the 8900 skin and it fits like a glove, everyting is protected except maybe a small piece of the top cover of chrome on the back. plenty of room for camera lens and flash and will suffice if you don't want to spend the extra bucks if you had the 8900 previoulsy. It doesn't have a hold for the usb to charge your phone though. the buttons line up pretty well for volume rocker and the convenence key on the left side. So if you you don't want to spend the extra bucks for the skin this is an alternative. Just my .02 cents worth.
    11-23-09 11:02 PM
    yeah Ive tried tht. I had a really snug plastic skin, but one time I guess it was squeezing the berry's brain bc none of the buttons would work. Only the trackpad. I thought my device was bad for like 3 minutes so I took off the skin to pull the battery, and viola all back to normal. So Im just gonna wait til I get my 9700 skins.
    11-23-09 11:30 PM