i just got my charging cradle, and love how the phone can function as a bedside clock, but i wonder if it being on all night is somehow shortening the life of the screen/device?
    02-01-09 12:50 AM
    I guess that's a possibility, but I'm not worried about it. Maybe I should be, but I'm not.
    02-01-09 12:58 AM
    You live on the razor's edge. That's what I like about you.
    02-01-09 01:05 AM
    i just got my charging cradle, and love how the phone can function as a bedside clock, but i wonder if it being on all night is somehow shortening the life of the screen/device?
    No, the refresh rate is high enough where nothing will burn the image into your screen and I highly doubt you'll still have the phone by the time the screen starts to show signs of age. That will be probably 7 years from now. You've got nothing to worry about.
    02-01-09 01:05 AM
    plus if you have insurance on your phone, which you should then forget about it and sleep easy. It has a limited 1 year on it. If it fails after that you can order a new LCD for it later down the road, so you have many options. I say use the phone for as much as you need it in your life. Thats whats so great about a BB. Its there for YOU.
    02-01-09 01:16 AM
    Ah now I'm glad you said that about the burn-in because I wasn't even considering that as being an issue. As Justin said, I wouldn't worry about the burn-in at all. The one thing that came to my mind when I first read this thread was that the "lamps" of the LCD will be working more while in the charging cradle so they may possibly burn out quicker than expected. If the lamps happen to go out then you will not really be able to view the screen. I use my laptop far more than I use my Blackberry (blasphemy I know) but I have not had problems with the LCD on it, or previous models for that matter, going out. So that's just not something I worry about personally.
    02-01-09 01:20 AM
    maybe it shortens the life, say from 10 years to 8 years? then it doesnt matter anymore becoz when it dies, even there is no lcd replacement for 8900 on cnn.cn, you will be using bb 8900000?
    02-02-09 07:29 AM
    The useful life of the screen is going to be far greater then the useful life of the BB. So dont sweat it.
    02-02-09 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD