Guys somehow I lost my travel charger. I am using my computer to charge it. Request to please post the output of travel charger as I have a LG charger which I can use with my 8900. It actualy charges the battery however I don't want to risk bricking my phone
    Thabks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 04:23 AM
    Guys somehow I lost my travel charger. I am using my computer to charge it. Request to please post the output of travel charger as I have a LG charger which I can use with my 8900. It actualy charges the battery however I don't want to risk bricking my phone
    Thabks
    This topic seems to come up a lot. There's never really any agreement on whether using a non-BB charger on your BB can really do any damage.
    08-28-09 04:43 AM
    I use nokia n85 charger sometimes, it doesn't hurt...

These micro usb port these days gonna be universal very soon and could be used with each other.
    08-28-09 04:49 AM
    I actualy have two LG chargers for different phones( both are micro USB) and my blackberry gets charged only by one. The output of the charger my 8900 gets charged is 5.1V---0.7 A. Can you guys please look at the original blackberry charger for 8900 and post whats the DC output for it.

Thanks in Advance
    08-28-09 05:22 AM
    OUTPUT : 5V --- 700 mA

Only 0.1V of difference shouldn't hurt too much, IMHO.
    Besides, you don't have any choice, unless you want to buy a new original travel charger.

USB stands for Universal Serial Bus. It's only natural for it to be a universal standard, because that's the main purpose it was created in the first place. Well, CMIIW.
    08-28-09 06:31 AM
    OUTPUT : 5V --- 700 mA

Only 0.1V of difference shouldn't hurt too much, IMHO.
    Besides, you don't have any choice, unless you want to buy a new original travel charger.

USB stands for Universal Serial Bus. It's only natural for it to be a universal standard, because that's the main purpose it was created in the first place. Well, CMIIW.
    Thanks a ton Ryan, I can go ahead and use that LG charger now as .1V doesnt make any difference.

Thanks again.
    08-28-09 06:53 AM
    Glad I could help you ease your mind.
    Though I don't know what others might say, but I don't think it should be a problem to use that LG charger.
    08-28-09 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD