11-26-08 04:17 PM
83 1234
tools
    Not tmobile. At least not till 2009. So say our knowledgeable ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 05:18 PM
    ...you're killing me! I just got the BOLD, and I'm still trying to get the Storm, now I've got to think about the Javelin, too?

Gosh

I have played with the Storm for a couple hours today. It is not for me. It will be a great device for others. At least I know I can cross that device off my list.
    11-21-08 05:21 PM
    Not tmobile. At least not till 2009. So say our knowledgeable ones.

I dont know, I think T-Mobile will release it before then.
    11-21-08 06:00 PM
    I dont know, I think T-Mobile will release it before then.
    Well, I'm pretty sure AT&T is pushing RIM really hard to get it out before the holiday season. Plus, we haven't heard about or seen any T-Mobile branded Javelins unless it's a QWERTZ keyboard. Trust me, Gizmodo got a AT&T branded Javelin in October and we still don't have one yet. It's actually due to RIM that the Javelin isn't actually released yet. As mapimages said, they're all ready to launch in their sweet orange and white boxes.
    11-21-08 06:21 PM
    Well, I'm pretty sure AT&T is pushing RIM really hard to get it out before the holiday season. Plus, we haven't heard about or seen any T-Mobile branded Javelins unless it's a QWERTZ keyboard. Trust me, Gizmodo got a AT&T branded Javelin in October and we still don't have one yet. It's actually due to RIM that the Javelin isn't actually released yet. As mapimages said, they're all ready to launch in their sweet orange and white boxes.
    RIM has already given at&t the ok actually
    11-21-08 07:10 PM
    I have played with the Storm for a couple hours today. It is not for me. It will be a great device for others. At least I know I can cross that device off my list.
    blackberry storm is looking to be the next curve/pearl in terms of the blackberry consumers use

thats how its shaping up to be on campus atleast
    11-21-08 07:38 PM

that is EXACTLY how i feel
    11-21-08 08:11 PM
    Looks like they changed the "Available 12/5" to "Coming Soon" :-/
    11-21-08 11:32 PM
    I'm pretty sure this device is coming to T-Mobile. ATT is pushing the bold right now.
    11-22-08 01:03 AM
    11-22-08 01:39 AM
    MAPIMAGES You are the MAN!! Thanks for the awesome post! Sweet looking out!
    Last edited by jlim2452001; 11-22-08 at 03:04 AM.
    11-22-08 02:54 AM
    RIM has already given at&t the ok actually
    link please?
    11-22-08 06:03 AM
    I want to see proof that TMO is getting shafted by RIM!! Everyone keeps saying AT&T first, proof please!!! Like evontroy said, AT&T is too busy pushing the Bold, then they gotta push the Javelin?!? If any of this is true, I'm gonna be one pi**ed off Berry user!!

11-22-08 06:27 AM
    I want to see proof that TMO is getting shafted by RIM!! Everyone keeps saying AT&T first, proof please!!! Like evontroy said, AT&T is too busy pushing the Bold, then they gotta push the Javelin?!? If any of this is true, I'm gonna be one pi**ed off Berry user!!

i wouldnt mind them getting it first

and showing us all the bugs ( if any ) with the device

but then again...my money is sitting here collecting dust

and getting spent on video games

which my gf doesnt approve of

lmao
    11-22-08 10:43 AM

There isnt any definitive evidence, just a lot of stuff thats been going around serving as clues to the fact that at&T seems to be getting it first.

- CX, as reliable as a source can get- mentioned that Tmobile will not get the device until after Jan. 09. He also mentioned in one post that AT&T is pushing for December and will also receive the device before Tmobile.

- Pictures of an AT&T branded Curve have showed up on ebay and gizmodo, showing that the device seems ready to go. A tmobile US branded device (with a Qwerty keyboard, vs the German Qwertz keyboard) has yet to be seen.

- Its been stated also that At&T phones are already boxed and ready to ship awaiting AT&T's next move,

- AT&T supplies more than 2/3 of blackberry unit sales in the US alone,

Also...the curve 8900 shouldnt be compared to the Bold. The bold was a huge release because it was blackberry's first 3g phone, thats why so many people made a fuss about it. The storm is a huge release because its blackberry's first touchscreen. The curve 8900 is just an update on an existing phone, Rim nor AT&T are spending huge amounts of money on advertising, the phone will sell itself. According to your logic , wouldnt Tmobile be even busier since they seem to be pushing the G1 a lot harder than ATT is pushing the bold and they were released around the same time
    Last edited by jlim2452001; 11-22-08 at 10:59 AM.
    11-22-08 10:52 AM
    11-22-08 11:59 AM
    T-mobile better snag the 8900 first.... this is really annoying! T-mo is hopeless...
    11-22-08 12:02 PM
    There isnt any definitive evidence, just a lot of stuff thats been going around serving as clues to the fact that at&T seems to be getting it first.

- CX, as reliable as a source can get- mentioned that Tmobile will not get the device until after Jan. 09. He also mentioned in one post that AT&T is pushing for December and will also receive the device before Tmobile.

- Pictures of an AT&T branded Curve have showed up on ebay and gizmodo, showing that the device seems ready to go. A tmobile US branded device (with a Qwerty keyboard, vs the German Qwertz keyboard) has yet to be seen.

- Its been stated also that At&T phones are already boxed and ready to ship awaiting AT&T's next move,

- AT&T supplies more than 2/3 of blackberry unit sales in the US alone,

Also...the curve 8900 shouldnt be compared to the Bold. The bold was a huge release because it was blackberry's first 3g phone, thats why so many people made a fuss about it. The storm is a huge release because its blackberry's first touchscreen. The curve 8900 is just an update on an existing phone, Rim nor AT&T are spending huge amounts of money on advertising, the phone will sell itself. According to your logic , wouldnt Tmobile be even busier since they seem to be pushing the G1 a lot harder than ATT is pushing the bold and they were released around the same time

great post

sorry guys but t-mobile will always be 2nd to at&t...don't we know this already? why do you think you got the bb flip? NOBODY wanted it.

don't worry, t-mobile should have it not too much further after at&t. plus if your not up for an upgrade, i'm sure an unlocked version will be a reasonable price to buy.
    11-22-08 12:05 PM
    now that the storm has passed, here we go ladies and gentlemen...

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Cases

right from the US Blackberry site showing Available 12/05/2008.

now why would you need a case? hmmmm...release for Dec? I think so!

AT&T should be a very nice holiday season

Check out the sweet charging pod!!

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

ATT?! TMOBILE PLEASE!!!
    11-22-08 12:13 PM
    at&t or t-mobile it doesnt matter now, theres always an unlock code for that....as long as it comes out, tired of the "storm". played with it and all, great phone but not for me.. I want my new curve 8900....ugh
    11-22-08 12:14 PM
    great post

sorry guys but t-mobile will always be 2nd to at&t...don't we know this already? why do you think you got the bb flip? NOBODY wanted it.

don't worry, t-mobile should have it not too much further after at&t. plus if your not up for an upgrade, i'm sure an unlocked version will be a reasonable price to buy.

yup all correct. TMO will be about a month after ATT if all holds true to the DEC release for them. Good luck to all in the hunt !
    11-22-08 12:24 PM
    Would an unlocked AT&T Javelin work perfectly for a T-Mobile user? Or will there be some features that dont work? Because the Bold does not work correctly on T-Mobile. Wonder if the same thing will be for the Javelin. I dont want to waste money with an unlocked Javelin if not everything works.
    11-22-08 12:37 PM
    Would an unlocked AT&T Javelin work perfectly for a T-Mobile user? Or will there be some features that dont work? Because the Bold does not work correctly on T-Mobile. Wonder if the same thing will be for the Javelin. I dont want to waste money with an unlocked Javelin if not everything works.
    Since the Curve 8900 is going to be an EDGE phone, then yes most of it's features are going to work the same running on an att or T-Mobile network. Meaning that texting and making phone calls will be the same. The one feature that I can think of that would not work if you bought a unlocked att 8900 is the UMA. However, if you do not use this service from T-Mobile, then you will be good to go!

But, I think that it would be better to wait for it to come out on T-Mobile before purchasing one; there could always be one of those unforseen problems that pops up, then you are out the couple hundred you spent on an unlocked one!
    11-22-08 12:55 PM
    id say the proof is that we have seen an at&t device that was ready to go, and haven't seen a single leaked shot of a t-mobile usa one
    11-22-08 01:09 PM
    Well, whatever happens, I'll wait til RIM tweaks on the bugs that are more than likely gonna happen with AT&T. I'm still gonna be pi**ed, watching AT&T customers using the Javelin before myself! TMO needs to step their game up and stop trying to appeal to younger generation of cell phone users!!

11-22-08 06:15 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD