All,

How many of you have gotten a new case, and detail the type of case (link preferable) and the reasons why. I am getting my new phone in a few days and already don't like the case it comes with. The case it comes with has no clip on it...arrrggh. Okay let me know ..thanks!!

Regards,

Echo 7
    08-31-09 12:52 AM
    Why don't you just go to the crackberry store and read the reviews.
    08-31-09 12:55 AM
    I have this case that I bought in the T-mo store. its a hard case (blue and black) I like it a lot but i was looking into getting the new otterbox commuter for the 8900. check it out on shopcrackberry.com
    08-31-09 01:02 AM
    this is the otterbox case i was referring to:
    08-31-09 01:05 AM
    that otterbox does not cover the screen or keyboard at all right????

omg i love that!!! i hate the cases that sink the trackball in but want some protection
    08-31-09 01:20 AM
    no it doesnt cover the the screen or keyboard. yes i like it also but i just purchased one on t-mo store and now i might gte this also. hehe
    08-31-09 01:25 AM
    no it doesnt cover the the screen or keyboard. yes i like it also but i just purchased one on t-mo store and now i might gte this also. hehe
    damn i was just ready to order the iskin solo vibes fx but now im so torn that otterbox looks awesome.
    08-31-09 02:18 AM
    This has never been discussed so searching is pointless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 04:00 AM
    OtterBox is definitely the best case I've had. Personally, I prefer and require the Defender series. However, I'd suggest the Commuter for most daily use though.

Choose for yourself the balance between style, protection, etc. from the different series. OtterBox is the best hands down, regardless of which series you go with.
    08-31-09 04:08 AM
    Hands down according to most here is the garbage Innocase. This has been discussed 10000000 times no need for yet another case thread. Ughhhhhhh.

08-31-09 06:15 AM
    For those who forget,

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/cra...lution-118095/

08-31-09 06:19 AM
    I just ordered the Otterbox Defender case this morning. After doing alot of research, this seems like the best bet since I can be quite hard on my phones.... Plus I prefer my phones to be a bit on the bulky side so really hope this fits the bill
    08-31-09 10:26 AM
    I bought a cover from the T-Mobile store. It is their brand. It has a belt clip and the keyboard and screen are covered. The trackball is easy to use.

08-31-09 10:45 AM
    The otterbox is great..... You also don't have to use the keyboard cover if you don't want to....

It does add some heft to the phone which is good for some people!!

08-31-09 10:50 AM
    Otterbox commuter case !! Its the best case i ever own. Also it dose come with the screen protector and it so easy to apply on without any air bubble. I had own innocase, speck case and sena case, but go with my Otterbox is my choice. It also fit on the seidio innocase belt clip.
    08-31-09 11:41 AM
    I've had two in the short time I've had my Curve: an iSkin and the Otterbox Commuter.

The iSkin...just wasn't for me. It felt too plasticy and stiff, and it was hard to press certain buttons. I also made the woeful mistake of getting it green, and was greatly disappointed with how much it made my phone look like a toy. Were the skin not as transparent, it might have looked better.

I've only had the Otterbox Commuter for a few days, but I really am sold on it. If you care about screen protectors, it does come with one that is easy to apply. The case it self is two parts: a gel-like cover and then a harder plastic bit that sort of clips on to the gel. I've not gone tossing it down stairs or anything, but I really am enjoying it. It looks and feels very slick, doesn't destroy the original aesthetic of the phone at all. It does come up a little bit about the keys, but the sort of lip it forms is actually starting to feel better to me than the standard keyboard. As for size, I can't say it adds more than the OEM holster, but I've not gone and measured them.

I'd have to add to the votes for the Otterbox Commuter. It really is a stellar product.
    08-31-09 03:39 PM
    I'm currently using the Body Glove snap-on case. I like the fit and feel but it doesn't take much to separate the two halves. It also scratches the finish of the front bezel.
    08-31-09 04:19 PM
    im using the incipio feather, very nice case, and doesn't add bulk at all. won't protect it much from big drops , but offers enough to protect from the usual scrapes and nicks.

ONLY nitpick is that the usb cable doesn't fit as well when the case is on, makes it very loose and easy to accidentially disconnect. not sure if its a design flaw or just my case defect.

im thinkin of goin to the otterbox, but afraid it will make it feel more bulkier, the feather makes it feel perfect in my hands.
    08-31-09 04:31 PM
    Hands down according to most here is the garbage Innocase. This has been discussed 10000000 times no need for yet another case thread. Ughhhhhhh.

Complaining about this is futile......
    08-31-09 05:22 PM
    Well I want to thank everyone for their input...I am really looking at a pouch with a clip type. The kind that my 8800 came with that was excellent until it cracked and turned brittle. Let me know if there is anyone with this type of case or anything similar.

Regards,

Echo 7
    08-31-09 10:36 PM
    well this thread was also helpful to me lol i ordered an otterbox commuter earlier gets here 2moro. does it make it hard to hit the keys on the sides???

and to OP if you have a best buy around you go try the eddie bauer holster its a horizontal holster with belt clip very nice material and great quality only $25 bux! but i dont think it uses magnet sleeper.

heres a link
    Last edited by ReaperZ1013; 09-01-09 at 12:40 AM.
    09-01-09 12:37 AM
    +1 on the incipio feather too
    09-01-09 12:51 AM
    I just got the otterbox commuter for my 8900 just now and its the best case i ever had for my BB. by far the best. I love it
    09-03-09 11:40 AM
    no the keys are not hard to press. the case is excellent.
    09-03-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD