Hi. My 8830 used to power off whenever I put the phone back in the holster. when I receive a text in holster, i'd take the phone out of holster and it would automatically open the txt message. Now it does not do that anymore. Also, when the screen light is on and I put it in the holster, the screen light still stays on. all of sudden one day it started not working. is it the holster that is the problem?
    05-28-09 03:47 PM
    Sleep mode is triggered by a magnet in the holster. There's a sensor in your 8830, just below the space bar. Have you changed holsters? A holster without a magnet won't trigger sleep mode. If you haven't changed holsters, your sensor may have failed. I've never heard of that happening.
    05-29-09 06:19 AM
    Sleep mode is triggered by a magnet in the holster. There's a sensor in your 8830, just below the space bar. Have you changed holsters? A holster without a magnet won't trigger sleep mode. If you haven't changed holsters, your sensor may have failed. I've never heard of that happening.

Hi Jeff. Thanks for the response.

No, I didn't change holsters....my holsters been working fine...one day, I was trying to shut my phone off and i accidently pushed down on the mute button and instead of off button and ever since then, I've been having this issue. My phone is not in the standby mode though. Yeah, I guess the sensor thing is not working. Thank you.
    05-29-09 09:48 AM
    Try a small magnet. Hold it near the bottom of the BlackBerry, aligned with the space between the "V" and "B" keys. Move it slowly up from the bottom of the case. You should see the screen blank. If it does, the magnet in your holster is not working. If the screen does not blank, you have a sensor problem.

I can't think of any way that pressing the mute button could cause your problem. I assume you've done a battery pull. If you haven't, do so.
    05-30-09 03:14 PM
    Try a small magnet. Hold it near the bottom of the BlackBerry, aligned with the space between the "V" and "B" keys. Move it slowly up from the bottom of the case. You should see the screen blank. If it does, the magnet in your holster is not working. If the screen does not blank, you have a sensor problem.

I can't think of any way that pressing the mute button could cause your problem. I assume you've done a battery pull. If you haven't, do so.
    Jeff, you are saying go get a small mag and hold it up against the bottom of phone? is this going to mess up the screen? you know kinda like holding up a magnet against tv screen? it messes up the color on screen?
    05-31-09 03:18 PM
    Yes, that's what I'm saying. It won't hurt your phone. You're just simulating the effect of the magnet in your holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 03:30 PM
    ok, thanks for your help jeff
    05-31-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD