Happy New Year!

I'm new to the crackberry site and I love it .

I recently bought a new side pouch for my 8830 and set my profile to vibrate when in holster. When the blackberry is in the pouch and I receive a call it rings versus vibrate.

My question is how does the blackberry know when it is in a holster and how do I correct this?

Thanks for the help
    01-01-08 11:16 AM
    The pouch/holster needs to have a magnet in it which corresponds with a spot on the device - which tells the device it's in a holster.

Sounds like your pouch doesn't have that.
    01-01-08 11:37 AM
    Make sure the holster has a sleeper Magnet which is what lets the BB know its in a case.Also make sure the case is for the 8830 as if it is not the maknets might not allign.
    01-01-08 11:37 AM
    Thanks for suggestion I appreciate the quick response.

I bought the pouch at one of those wireless kiosk at the mall and it said it was for the 8800 so I should probably take it back and just order one from the site.
    01-01-08 11:46 AM
    Thanks for suggestion I appreciate the quick response.

I bought the pouch at one of those wireless kiosk at the mall and it said it was for the 8800 so I should probably take it back and just order one from the site.
    All OEM holsters have the sleeper magnet feature. If you order one from this site, make sure you look for the sleeper magnet listed under features or that it is an OEM holster.
    01-01-08 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD