I was wondering if anyone had a specific model number for this, or an Ebay listing. I mean the chargers which use the leads on the side, NOT a side USB connector.

Another name for this could be a cradle, similar to what the pearl and curve both offer. The 8800 is just to the side. Thanks.

Any input is much appreciated!

Edit:
    I suppose it is worth mentioning that I do not need a "Powerstation" - I don't need to charge the phone, charge a second battery, play sports, launch tactile nuclear weapons, and make margaritas all in one place...I JUST want to charge through the copper (?) leads on the side, that is IT.

Anything else is superfluous to my needs and will only add to the cost. - Citing the $70 Charger Station on crackberry.com

The reason I need this is because my USB port decided to fall out a couple of months ago.
    I've been using my spare 8100 but I have begun to miss the use of my QWERTY style keypad.
    Last edited by Ishbar; 05-22-09 at 01:17 AM.
    05-22-09 12:56 AM
    bump for info
    05-22-09 01:58 AM
    Were you looking for something like this?

P.S. you're not allowed to bump threads unless it's been 3 days from the OP.
    05-22-09 02:03 AM
    Negative, that is exactly what I did not want.
    I want to use the copper connector on the side.

That Gold notch on the bottom, is it not for a charger dock?
    It would seem pretty superfluous to add that without a purpose...
    05-22-09 02:45 AM
    Yes, that is for a charger dock.

That was the closest thing I could find to a charging dock on eBay. I wasn't able to find anything else that utilized the "gold notch." Maybe someone else will have better luck searching.
    05-22-09 03:00 AM
    I hope so, I explicitly do not want to use the USB port simply because...I have none!

I have tried to solder a new one on and to no avail the connections register but state unknown device when hooked to a PC and charge for a brief moment before disconnecting.

It's an obvious flaw which RIM consistently omits with their quality control. Otherwise their devices are damn near perfect.

I guess to specify more, it does the 8800 Power Station does, THAT has the connector.
    BUT - It is $59-100 dollars, and I am not shelling out that much money for features I will not use, in addition, features for a device which is almost 3 years old, that is absolutely ridiculous that you can buy a 83XX Charging Cradle for ~$10 on eBay, but there is no such device for the 8800.

For the $100 RIM is asking I could go and purchase an 8800 with a working port online! (I don't want to, because chances are it may happen again!)

I've wanted a Storm, but I haven't the money to buy one - Unless someone wants 50-75 bucks, an 8100 White Pearl (Brand New housing) and a 8800 which does not charge.
    Last edited by Ishbar; 05-22-09 at 04:22 AM.
    05-22-09 03:19 AM
    nump rump bump
    05-24-09 08:11 PM

I too am in the same situation.

I found this

buy.com / retail / product.asp?sku=210454866&listingid=34816625

(Can't post links yet)

It looks like all we need, but I don't know if it uses the mini-USB or the side contacts.
    10-15-09 02:30 PM
    I don't think that'll work.

Found this.

eforcity-com/
    efsearch2.html?query=&wsi=1&qt=all&ps=15&pg=1&pni= 2600&qm=exact&sc=DD&s=indx&cni=2&bni=15&sni=44&mni =0&x=54&y=13
    10-15-09 02:36 PM
    Buy the official extra battery charger with a second battery that's what I do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD